Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Organized Effort to Block Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People are strange (I know, stating the obvious).
I'm beyond a gear head nerd. When friends ask me why Tesla, I simply tell them it is a far better car. Sure, its a green thing but, more importantly, it simply does the car/fun driver thing soooo much better than my previous BMW love fest.

These pick up idiots are going to pop a gasket when Elon comes out with a truck that spanks them :)

Reactions: MIT_S60 and KJD
As a resident of the south this truly disgusts me. I have many "gearhead" friends that while not really supportive of the EV movement don't condone this kind of nonsense. Please know that everyone down here are not a**holes.

Dan

Don't worry, I have a number of southern friends. I have one born in Georgia who has spent most of his life in Alabama and drives a big rig for Walmart for a living (almost a Southern cliche). The first time he saw my Model S at the airport, he didn't realize it was mine and his first words on seeing it were "I want one of those!" Then he got very confused when I started putting his bags in.

But the coal roller thing is more common in the South and Appalachia than other places. I saw one once. There are a lot of pickups around here, but most are just stock, and diesels are not that common.

Nevermind whether it's an isolated incident or not, or whether it's terribly rude or not, the thing that really stands out for me here is -- how are these people so dumb? I mean literally, how is it possible? By what logic is making the very air you breathe intentionally dirty, with no purpose whatsoever, in any way a desirable outcome? At least the guys running the coal plants are getting rich, they have some sort of motive. The motive for these guys is... (?)

It really makes me wonder... sad state the planet can produce people this dumb. They get to vote too. :(

Nevermind whether it's an isolated incident or not, or whether it's terribly rude or not, the thing that really stands out for me here is -- how are these people so dumb? I mean literally, how is it possible? By what logic is making the very air you breathe intentionally dirty, with no purpose whatsoever, in any way a desirable outcome? At least the guys running the coal plants are getting rich, they have some sort of motive. The motive for these guys is... (?)

It really makes me wonder... sad state the planet can produce people this dumb. They get to vote too. :(
When your mother and father are also your aunt and uncle, you’re no longer Harvard bound.

As a resident of the south this truly disgusts me. I have many "gearhead" friends that while not really supportive of the EV movement don't condone this kind of nonsense. Please know that everyone down here are not a**holes.

Dan

Check if there are laws in your area that prohibit blocking charging spots and inform the property owners.

California has such a law but hardly anyone knows about it.
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=VEH&sectionNum=22511

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
A-Holes....I'm keeping my not -a- flamethrower in my car from now on... Plan B will be to sic my attack dog on them.
IMG_1346.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Dan Detweiler
I found this round up of laws nationwide concerning electric vehicle parking and unauthorized parking in the same: Legislation Reference - Reserved Parking for Plug-In Vehicle Charging | PlugInSites
I find it interesting that some laws require a special plate or sticker.

A. A person shall not stop, stand or park a motor vehicle within any parking space specially designated for parking and fueling motor vehicles fueled exclusively by electricity unless the motor vehicle is powered by electricity and has been issued an alternative fuel vehicle special plate or sticker pursuant to section 28-2416.

Does that mean it's illegal for out-of-state EVs to use EV spots in Arizona?

I don’t get it.

If I was a gas guzzling pick up driver, I am not, but there are legit reasons for some to be, then I would welcome as many EV on the road as possible. Degrade the climate less for everyone, and more immediately important to them, reduce demand and price of gas they fill up so often on. It is a win win.

Tesla is as American as a car company can probably get too.

Reactions: gavine and RabidYak