Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Other Owners in Wyoming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, that right there was rather helpful.

I've found relatively few campgrounds listed on PlugShare compared to total number available. That makes sense since it isn't their primary market. So, a PlugShare listing means the campground owner is an EV enthusiast, or an EV owner stopped by. Meanwhile, there are a dozen RV parks down the street that are not listed on PlugShare.

Judging by PlugShare, Wyoming looks sparse in the campground department. I was wondering if there were many other RV parks that just haven't been PlugShare'd. If you are saying all RV parks have been listed, I know not to count on random campgrounds in between.

Most likely an EV owner stopped by. There are a lot of RV parks and campgrounds in Wyoming and PlugShare certainly doesn't list them all. The only reason the RV park / motel in Shoshoni is listed is because I stopped by and talked to the owner. Some owners may list themselves but, in general, it's up to this community to find and publish friendly locations.

Reactions: pox
Haven't seen this in any of the news outlets, but this is a nice development:

Thank you for your message to Governor Mead expressing support for Senate File 57 - motor vehicle franchises, exemptions. I wanted to send you a quick note to make sure you saw that Governor Mead did sign that bill on March 14th. It will become effective at the start of the new state fiscal year, July 1st.

Haven't seen this in any of the news outlets, but this is a nice development:

Thank you for your message to Governor Mead expressing support for Senate File 57 - motor vehicle franchises, exemptions. I wanted to send you a quick note to make sure you saw that Governor Mead did sign that bill on March 14th. It will become effective at the start of the new state fiscal year, July 1st.

It was in our local newspaper, I just wonder where Tesla is planning a store and service center? I hope it's actuatly in Wyoming not just in the corner like the current superchargers. I bet it would be in Jackson or Cheyenne. I would hope it more central like Casper, but I doubt it.

It was in our local newspaper, I just wonder where Tesla is planning a store and service center? I hope it's actuatly in Wyoming not just in the corner like the current superchargers. I bet it would be in Jackson or Cheyenne. I would hope it more central like Casper, but I doubt it.
I was thinking Jackson too since it would be in the same type of destination town as the Vail/Aspen stores in Colorado. I'd be surprised if they put the first store in Casper but you never know!

I was thinking Jackson too since it would be in the same type of destination town as the Vail/Aspen stores in Colorado. I'd be surprised if they put the first store in Casper but you never know!

No hope for my Town of Riverton Wyoming right in the middle of Wyoming. Not a chance in hell only 9k people. I would put my money on Cheyenne so the can help service Northern Colorado. The Denver Service Center is always slammed compared to the Salt Lake or Las Vegas.

No hope for my Town of Riverton Wyoming right in the middle of Wyoming. Not a chance in hell only 9k people. I would put my money on Cheyenne so the can help service Northern Colorado. The Denver Service Center is always slammed compared to the Salt Lake or Las Vegas.
I agree that Cheyenne would probably be a good spot for a Service Center. I've been to Lander and Riverton and agree that you won't be getting a Tesla presence there any time soon!

which hotel in Buffalo?

Rodger

When not charging at home, and in places with no other charging options, I use RV parks.
Have several times used the Fountain of Youth RV park in Thermopolis, because they let us soak in the Hot Springs while charging at no extra cost (Cost to charge $20 + taxes.)
The owner also has a decent hotel in town and will include charge and hot spring soak with overnight stay.
Supercharger is now in Sheridan and Billings and HPWC's are available in Buffalo, Casper, and Gillette hotels.
Not sure about Cody beyond RV parks. Usually have had a good reception at RV parks. It helps to call ahead.
Going from Riverton to Billings, I suspect Thermopolis is a better option for top-up than Cody.

Fellow Wyoming Electric Car owners, It's official I'm helping host a Drive Electric Event in Riverton on this Saturday the 16th at the Riverton, Wyoming Breadboard. 10am to 2pm. We will have least 3 Teslas and a couple Chevy Volts so far.

I want to extend an invitation anyone at TMC or you might know to join us in showing the community our cars and letting them know we now have i80 finished for Superchargers and my little charging networking has been adding stations around the state for all EV's to use.

Fremont County’s Drive Electric Week Event – Wild West EV

Reactions: rhumbliner
Do the WY owners get the prepaid service plan? Do you make an annual trip to Denver/SLC?

I did not opt for the prepaid plan but I did drive to SLC for the annual maintenance, once. The second annual maintenance I arranged a getaway to Vegas and had the service performed there. Tesla has been really good about sending a Ranger to Jackson to fix any other problems/glitches.

I'm getting some level 2 80amp chargers put in at the Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody, should be live in a few weeks. I hope they help out until they get a super charger in town. Also the museum said one of their employees has a Tesla too.
@pox is this destination charger live? I am planning a trip to Yellowstone and Mt Rushmore this would save couple of hrs at the least, Spend the time @The museum instead of driving around.

@pox is this destination charger live? I am planning a trip to Yellowstone and Mt Rushmore this would save couple of hrs at the least, Spend the time @The museum instead of driving around.

The week we finally had the approvals to get it installed there was big snow storm and the ground frost is too deep right now. New goal of having it put in before earth day. Hoping it will warm up in a few weeks so we can get it installed.

One of the top questions I get is if I'm the only Tesla owner in Wyoming. I'm pretty sure I'm the only Tesla owner for a 100 miles of Riverton. I think there are at least 3 more owners in state. Is there a report from Tesla that list sales per state?

Im from Wyoming and my Folks and siblings are still there.. Cheyenne mostly but my Sis is in Casper. I got the hell out of that place. Great place to raise kids though. One of these days I want to take a road trip back there in one of my Teslas. I dont think anyone there has seen one in person. I kid.. probably saw them in Denver.