Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our Mar 2021 MYLR had its HV battery fail, under 18k miles.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed "Maximum charge level and range may be reduced, OK to drive – Schedule service soon" on the screen. Clicked on the Learn More to see (BMS_a066) detailed message. A service person called us to inform that main battery need to be replaced and it takes two weeks to get the parts. It's already more than a week and no loaner vehicle provided yet. Not sure at this point how good the repair process would be and hopefully there wouldn't be any post repair issues. Regarding loaner vehicle their response is "we do our best to provide loaners when they are available."

Noticed "Maximum charge level and range may be reduced, OK to drive – Schedule service soon" on the screen. Clicked on the Learn More to see (BMS_a066) detailed message. A service person called us to inform that main battery need to be replaced and it takes two weeks to get the parts. It's already more than a week and no loaner vehicle provided yet. Not sure at this point how good the repair process would be and hopefully there wouldn't be any post repair issues. Regarding loaner vehicle their response is "we do our best to provide loaners when they are available."
Be polite but firm; continue to request a loaner vehicle or a rental voucher. When the Tesla vehicle is unable to be driven for 2 weeks due to parts, shipping for a warranty issue Tesla needs to step up. The other vehicle brands such as BMW, Porsche, Audi and Mercedes will do so. I owned a Gen2 Chevrolet Volt for 4 years; the Chevrolet dealership's service department always provided me with a loaner Volt vehicle if my Volt needed service, even if only needed for 1 day. I believe the cost of the loaner vehicle was picked up by Chevrolet.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Ask to speak with the manager regarding a loaner. Be polite but firm. If loaner and speaking with manager are unsuccessful ask to file a complaint.

Its sad but Tesla would rather just hand out Uber vouchers and poor CS than to provide a better customer experience. Tesla needs to do better.

Ask to speak with the manager regarding a loaner. Be polite but firm. If loaner and speaking with manager are unsuccessful ask to file a complaint.

Its sad but Tesla would rather just hand out Uber vouchers and poor CS than to provide a better customer experience. Tesla needs to do better.

Are they still giving out Uber vouchers? I thought i read that was going away, (maybe this is for longer service issues, that they've kept doing it.)

Are they still giving out Uber vouchers? I thought i read that was going away, (maybe this is for longer service issues, that they've kept doing it.)
Yes still giving them out. Problem is if you live/work further from the SC your out of pocket if the car is done same day.

Honestly I'm convinced Tesla does this on purpose to wear down Tesla owners and discourage service visits by making them inconvenient and costly. It seems to be it would be more expensive to provide vouchers then it would be to provide a loaner through someone like enterprise or hertz.

Just one of the many benefits of the Tesla ownership experience and that famous Tesla customer service 😁

Reactions: alexcue
I received the same message on my 2021 MYSR at around 24k miles. It stopped accepting a charge before my scheduled appt. with the Coral Gables, FL service center. I received $100 Uber vouchers for 2 days (but was told they would cover more if necessary). On the 3rd day a 2018 Model 3 was made available (with free Super Charging and Sunpass (Fla's toll program)) for the month it took for the battery to come in. I received the exact same battery the car came with.

I received the same message on my 2021 MYSR at around 24k miles. It stopped accepting a charge before my scheduled appt. with the Coral Gables, FL service center. I received $100 Uber vouchers for 2 days (but was told they would cover more if necessary). On the 3rd day a 2018 Model 3 was made available (with free Super Charging and Sunpass (Fla's toll program)) for the month it took for the battery to come in. I received the exact same battery the car came with.
My understanding was Tesla provide refurbished battery with around same retention percentage. Could you tell if you're getting same miles as before the replacement on full charge?

I havent had an issue yet, but I've noticed a lot of degradation. I'm down about 6.5% in 18mos (Yes, I've charged to 100, driven it down to 9% then charged back to 100 drove it down to 11% then back to 75% (my standard). Funny thing is, after the rebalancing I actually lost 5 more miles lol. I was at 309 fully charged before the balancing, then went down to 304.

I dont think theres anything I can do about it until its degraded like 30% though. I suppose 6.5% in 1.5yrs would be considered "normal"

I havent had an issue yet, but I've noticed a lot of degradation. I'm down about 6.5% in 18mos (Yes, I've charged to 100, driven it down to 9% then charged back to 100 drove it down to 11% then back to 75% (my standard). Funny thing is, after the rebalancing I actually lost 5 more miles lol. I was at 309 fully charged before the balancing, then went down to 304.

I dont think theres anything I can do about it until its degraded like 30% though. I suppose 6.5% in 1.5yrs would be considered "normal"
Totally normal degradation within the first 12-18 months. Maybe read the dozens of threads on "battery degradation."?

Totally normal degradation within the first 12-18 months. Maybe read the dozens of threads on "battery degradation."?

Maybe that's where I learned about battery balancing?

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but all those threads say the hit comes in the first yr then stops. Mine has been steadily dropping.

I just hope I get the same issue OP does before my warranty is up

• Disagree
Reactions: FamilYLR