Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of Spec doing a Cybertruck vs. R1T vs. Lightning vs. Silverado EV cross country race. Who wins?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before @T3SLAROD shows up and tells you the Ford will win, it won't, whomever can use the Supercharger network will win. Silverado should win, but the CSS Network is like a FFord, frequently found on road dead...
No way Ford wins. Cybertruck charges faster and Kyle is driving it. He'll get it down to 0% every stop.

For reference. I think Silverado EV is about 50% better than Hummer.
Drag Coefficients
  1. 0.30 Rivian (also smallest frontal area)
  2. 0.33 Silverado EV (probably bigger frontal area than cybertruck)
  3. 0.34 Cybertruck (extraordinary given the ridiculous shape)
  4. 0.44 Lightning (why???)
  5. 0.50 Hummer EV (lol)
1710008450740.png

Essentially a Pinewood Derby for EV tech nerds, I wonder who gets rear ended first doing 40 MPH in a 75 MPH zone.
I assume these are all experienced EV drivers. Much faster to go 75mph vs. 85mph and then 40mph.
The cool thing about this race is the optimal speed is probably only a little above the speed limit whereas with the fastest charging EVs it's starting to get dangerous.

The Cybertruck is going to win this hands down. Lightning will come in last and Silverado 2nd.

Also, I would like to see cost. While the Silverado has not stopped to charge I'm guessing it's going to be a pretty penny to charge.

The Cybertruck is going to win this hands down. Lightning will come in last and Silverado 2nd.

Also, I would like to see cost. While the Silverado has not stopped to charge I'm guessing it's going to be a pretty penny to charge.
Hopefully they pulled the mirrors off, I already ordered new stick on mirrors to pass state inspection. Just stick to the A Pillars for the Feds.

1710019046723.png

Reactions: T3SLAROD
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say CT pulls out a win. I know the range and charge curve aren't as good as we'd like, but the overall charge curve + efficiency makes it reasonably efficient.

Even without CCS support I think the CT probably has the best charging options (given it's "correct" charge port placement for Superchargers and ability to use all Superchargers, whereas Lightning is limited in both regards).

It's rare. But (from what I've heard) if all the factors come together in just the right (or wrong) way it's possible to hit thermal limits on V3 cables:

- warm weather
- large battery Tesla (CT or newer S/X)
- plug in at very state of charge to pull very high current for the longest time possible

The average driver would probably never notice.