Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of Spec doing a Cybertruck vs. R1T vs. Lightning vs. Silverado EV cross country race. Who wins?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the deal with cooling the supercharger connection? I didn't realize connector heat was a limiting factor.
Bearded Tesla says the Silverado has charged 3 times vs. 7 times for the Cybertruck and they're all neck and neck. Pretty sure he's driving too slow.

Cost, I want to know cost. If he’s charged 3 times but has paid more then I’d rather charge 7 times.

Cost, I want to know cost. If he’s charged 3 times but has paid more then I’d rather charge 7 times.
I think Superchargers are cheaper, especially at night. I bet the Cybertruck and Silverado end up using a similar amount of energy so Cybertruck will be cheaper. Unfortunately the cost may be higher than gas.
Sadly, team Silverado is back to slow charging.

Still no video. However Kyle said he charged 30 times vs. 10 times for the Silverado. He also revealed that the charging curve on his Cyberbeast holds 250kW to 29% (vs. 25% on the dual motor he tested earlier. Not clear if this is Cyberbeast specific or an updated chart curve for all Cybertrucks.)
With that much charging you’d think the Cybertruck would have to win.

thanks

Tesla should show us their behind the scenes, inside Tesla, charging curve at 350 kw
meaning they must have designed and tested the actual target charging

There was no time for that, just like there was no time for FSD, AP, Lockers, Auto Wipers ……

The last 4 years they worked on making sure the exterior design was able to stay together..

Out of spec and bearded tesla guy have both released part 2 on youtube but it's not the last segment for either.

At the moment the Cybertruck is slightly ahead of the Silverado and the Rivian is not far behind. The F150 can't keep up.
The interesting part is the Tesla guys have been able to use all V3s and have been aggressively making short hops to maximize charge rates, but on the other side of San Antonio they will need to use 3 V2s in a row, plus they will likely need to use a couple more V2s before the race ends. We'll see how much that slows them down.

Last edited: