TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Owner change & [email protected]

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by thomas.rueesch, Aug 5, 2019.

1. thomas.rueesch

Hi
    Hopefully you can tell me that this is normal?...that after sending the owner change to [email protected]...
    ...that it takes more than a month (still not done) to get an account with your car with all the service access, messages etc.

still enjoying the car every minute :)

2. Chippylad

Chippylad Member

The Service Centre staff advised me that it could take a month to process my ownership change ... but it actually took about a week.

• Like x 1
  3. thomas.rueesch

I wonder what's the issue or what's holding them back...or is there just this 1 poor person @tesla having to do these owner changes globaly accountsupportemea@tesla.jpg ...with a red stapler

• Funny x 2
  4. Chippylad

Chippylad Member

Yes! I challenged the staff at my local service centre to say to their managers that the UK Government managed to process my change of ownership online in 3 minutes ... but Tesla was saying it would take them 30 days ... you CANNOT be serious!!

• Funny x 1
  5. im4uttx

im4uttx Supporting Member

Do you "normally" get a response from that email address or Tesla? How long to get a response?

6. DrivingTheFuture

Also, is this the same email U.S. buyers of used Roadsters will need to contact to have the car added to their Tesla account?

7. hmbprius

hmbprius Supporting Member

Took several emails, and the local "service center" also supposedly tried. Took almost 2 months. And still not showing up in Tesla Ap so still dependent on email/calling service center (or driving to one ....really the only way to get in the queue it seems.)
    Even for something "simple" like a new set of key fobs after buying used.
    Sigh

8. im4uttx

I finally got an "automated" response from [email protected], but won't know until someone actually responds whether it is the correct email for ownership change. The automated responding email address was [email protected] so another option.

• Informative x 1
  9. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2019.32.2.2

While it can take several days (or weeks) to transfer ownership, if you can contact the previous owner, they can give you access to the car in the app instantly. Once you create an account, the previous owner can then add you as a secondary contact for the vehicle. If they have multiple cars on their account, they can limit which car you have access to and the change happens instantly. You can then log into the app and see and control the car, receive notifications, etc.

• Informative x 1
  10. X.l.r.8

X.l.r.8 Supporting Member

Does anyone have their car in an online Tesla account or in an ap?? If so, what’s the point? I don’t get it other than ovms to monitor charge and temps. It’s not like you gain anything from Tesla as long as they have you as the registered owner it shouldn’t matter. Even then I don’t think it matters.

11. MorrisonHiker

Everyone should have their car in their online account. It allows you to order the extended service plan, Full Self Driving (FSD), view Supercharging status, access the owner's manual, etc.

12. X.l.r.8

But none of that has any value/interest. FSD is something my wife has by letting me drive her everywhere and supercharging is when it’s gained 1% recordable CAC.
    I still don’t get it

• Funny x 1
  13. im4uttx

Not sure the "need" for app access for a roadster, but can't make service appointment without registration update, which was the point in the OP, I think. Having it in the app would allow, perhaps, making an online appt for service, either by it being registered properly, or by having access through the previous owner's authorization...

• Like x 1
  14. X.l.r.8

I just call to make a service appointment. My question still stands, does anyone have their car in the Tesla App. I’m not sure there is a reason to and if so where are they in the world.

15. im4uttx

SC told me the ownership MUST be updated prior to being allowed to make an appointment, which again, was the point of this thread.

The usefulness of the app, especially for a roadster owner, is definitely minimized. Not sure what your point is about whether the car is available on the app. No one is saying it has any benefits for a roadster. I'm just wanting to get the ownership updated... :)

16. MorrisonHiker

Yeah, sorry. I didn't see this was in the roadster forum when I replied earlier about getting the car instantly added to the app. The app is much more useful for all other Tesla models except the old roadster.

17. X.l.r.8

Have you actually walked into the service center and have them change it. I had my TPMS reset a week after driving the car home and they changed it on the spot for me, emailing and calling leads to nothing but frustration in experience. But face to face they manage very proficiently.
    My point is I don’t think the roadster will ever turn up in the app, nothing to do if it’s usefulness is minimized, rather non-existent. I’m wondering if anyone actually has their roadster registered in the app. And if there is one where are they. Is Europe different than US. Why does One SC in North America allow ownership change and yet yours doesn’t. I know the whole title thing changes from state to state, so does the addition of roadsters being included in the app change depending on geography?
    It’s a matter of interest, not disagreement.

18. im4uttx

Did you take your documentation? i.e. registration?

19. X.l.r.8

Again, that’s possibly why it’s different, we carry documentation in the car so we have to have it at all times. I don’t remember showing anyone but I could have. I remember showing them my credit card :)

20. im4uttx

Thanks. If I don't hear back from Tesla support, I'll take it up to service center and see what they can do for me...