Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owner change & [email protected]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what's the issue or what's holding them back...or is there just this 1 poor person @tesla having to do these owner changes globaly accountsupportemea@tesla.jpg...with a red stapler

I wonder what's the issue or what's holding them back...or is there just this 1 poor person @tesla having to do these owner changes globalyView attachment 441992...with a red stapler
Yes! I challenged the staff at my local service centre to say to their managers that the UK Government managed to process my change of ownership online in 3 minutes ... but Tesla was saying it would take them 30 days ... you CANNOT be serious!!

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Took several emails, and the local "service center" also supposedly tried. Took almost 2 months. And still not showing up in Tesla Ap so still dependent on email/calling service center (or driving to one ....really the only way to get in the queue it seems.)
Even for something "simple" like a new set of key fobs after buying used.
Sigh

Also, is this the same email U.S. buyers of used Roadsters will need to contact to have the car added to their Tesla account?
I finally got an "automated" response from [email protected], but won't know until someone actually responds whether it is the correct email for ownership change. The automated responding email address was [email protected] so another option.

• Informative
Hi
Hopefully you can tell me that this is normal?...that after sending the owner change to [email protected]...
...that it takes more than a month (still not done) to get an account with your car with all the service access, messages etc.

still enjoying the car every minute :)
While it can take several days (or weeks) to transfer ownership, if you can contact the previous owner, they can give you access to the car in the app instantly. Once you create an account, the previous owner can then add you as a secondary contact for the vehicle. If they have multiple cars on their account, they can limit which car you have access to and the change happens instantly. You can then log into the app and see and control the car, receive notifications, etc.

• Informative
Does anyone have their car in an online Tesla account or in an ap?? If so, what’s the point? I don’t get it other than ovms to monitor charge and temps. It’s not like you gain anything from Tesla as long as they have you as the registered owner it shouldn’t matter. Even then I don’t think it matters.

Not sure the "need" for app access for a roadster, but can't make service appointment without registration update, which was the point in the OP, I think. Having it in the app would allow, perhaps, making an online appt for service, either by it being registered properly, or by having access through the previous owner's authorization...

I just call to make a service appointment. My question still stands, does anyone have their car in the Tesla App. I’m not sure there is a reason to and if so where are they in the world.
SC told me the ownership MUST be updated prior to being allowed to make an appointment, which again, was the point of this thread.

The usefulness of the app, especially for a roadster owner, is definitely minimized. Not sure what your point is about whether the car is available on the app. No one is saying it has any benefits for a roadster. I'm just wanting to get the ownership updated... :)

SC told me the ownership MUST be updated prior to being allowed to make an appointment, which again, was the point of this thread.

The usefulness of the app, especially for a roadster owner, is definitely minimized. Not sure what your point is about whether the car is available on the app. No one is saying it has any benefits for a roadster. I'm just wanting to get the ownership updated... :)
Yeah, sorry. I didn't see this was in the roadster forum when I replied earlier about getting the car instantly added to the app. The app is much more useful for all other Tesla models except the old roadster.

Have you actually walked into the service center and have them change it. I had my TPMS reset a week after driving the car home and they changed it on the spot for me, emailing and calling leads to nothing but frustration in experience. But face to face they manage very proficiently.
My point is I don’t think the roadster will ever turn up in the app, nothing to do if it’s usefulness is minimized, rather non-existent. I’m wondering if anyone actually has their roadster registered in the app. And if there is one where are they. Is Europe different than US. Why does One SC in North America allow ownership change and yet yours doesn’t. I know the whole title thing changes from state to state, so does the addition of roadsters being included in the app change depending on geography?
It’s a matter of interest, not disagreement.