Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1856.JPG

So I took delivery today and I am extremely happy.

full

The whole process went pretty smoothly. I was very happy with the local DS who went above and beyond to make me happy. My first actual assigned DS was great, but she had to take a leave to take care of family. The second DS assigned to me was in a different state and just plain sucked - terrible communicator. But I extremely happy with the DS in Devon, PA.

I did find a couple very small defects; a small panel on the side of the pano had a tiny imperfection, so they just replaced the whole piece, and there was an ever so tiny scratch on the exterior body that they couldn't completely buff out right then and there. DS offered me to go to one of their certified body shops to get it fixed for sure, but I honestly barely see it and I'm sure I'll have bigger scratches in a couple of months (especially with kids). Instead I asked if I can get some Tesla gear, and scored some shirts. :D And of course got a gift bag with an umbrella, pin, pen, and mug.

Autopilot. Fantastic. I used it on the way home, and not just on the turnpike but also on a smaller, single-lane local road. It worked really well. Better than I expected, in fact. Would be nice though if it detected the stop signs and handled that stop and go on its own.

I haven't seen where to access Spotify yet. Would be nice to get that sooner than later. I don't have a premium sound system, so I'm stuck without XM. :( I use the phone now to listen to Opie & Jim, but if someone knows of a way to stream that through Internet radio (or some other way?), I'd love to hear about it.

I got the base config - 60. After driving around in it for a couple of hours, I really don't get why people want the performance configs. I guess some just feel that need for speed. I don't really care that much, the 60 is plenty!

Blew my kids' minds with the summon feature. First time they've ever seen a car move on its own without a human inside. ;)

My newly-installed NEMA 14-50 outlet is working perfectly to charge up Elmo. DS said they still recommend partial charging, not 100%, for daily use. Wasn't technical enough for me to even get info the whole top vs. bottom charging of a software-locked 75 question.

Overall, I'm very happy. That long, painful wait had already been forgotten. :D

Nice - You mentioned the Turnpike - is that NJ Turnpike?

Meet Flidais, my new S 75D. I picked her up in Houston (after flying from SF) with under 50 miles and a HUGE inventory discount. Loaded with every option except for the cold weather package, and exactly what I'd been looking for (and was unable to afford until the discount).

We shared a 2300 mile trip back to SF, napping at supercharger locations here & there, and I loved every minute of it. I learned a lot about the strengths and limitations of the v8 autopilot (watch out for hill crests on roads that aren't super-populated with Teslas). Back in SF, I'm now trying to avoid rocks and such while waiting for my appointment with Premier next week for the paint protection & tinting.

flidais.jpg

Hello all, picked up 75D today from Cincinnati. A quick question: is it normal not to have the "75D" monogram on the back of the car? I only see "Model S" on the left side and nothing on the right side.

That was the case with mine, as well. I was offered the opportunity to have one ordered and put on by the SC. It was presumably done since many MS's were destined to be 60, 70, or 75, with only a difference in software.

Hello all, picked up 75D today from Cincinnati. A quick question: is it normal not to have the "75D" monogram on the back of the car? I only see "Model S" on the left side and nothing on the right side.

It's not normal, but usually it is not there specifically b/c someone requested not to have the trim on their car. Perhaps someone on the production line got confused when they made your car. If you ask your service team, they will order the badge and put it on for you at no charge.

Meet Flidais, my new S 75D. I picked her up in Houston (after flying from SF) with under 50 miles and a HUGE inventory discount. Loaded with every option except for the cold weather package, and exactly what I'd been looking for (and was unable to afford until the discount).

We shared a 2300 mile trip back to SF, napping at supercharger locations here & there, and I loved every minute of it. I learned a lot about the strengths and limitations of the v8 autopilot (watch out for hill crests on roads that aren't super-populated with Teslas). Back in SF, I'm now trying to avoid rocks and such while waiting for my appointment with Premier next week for the paint protection & tinting.

View attachment 197516
I would never do a road trip in a car without a clear bra installed. The moment I got my Model S, I drove it straight to my detailer's garage and had him apply a full frontal clear bra (3M ProSheild) and Gyeon Mohs+ coating. Unfortunately, he was booked 2 weeks out, so I didn't drive my car for 3 weeks after delivery. Talk about range anxiety (the other kind, where you get anxious being separated from your Tesla for extended periods of time).

I would never do a road trip in a car without a clear bra installed. The moment I got my Model S, I drove it straight to my detailer's garage and had him apply a full frontal clear bra (3M ProSheild) and Gyeon Mohs+ coating. Unfortunately, he was booked 2 weeks out, so I didn't drive my car for 3 weeks after delivery. Talk about range anxiety (the other kind, where you get anxious being separated from your Tesla for extended periods of time).

I hear you. And you're right -- I didn't arrive totally unscathed: two tiny rock nicks in the front bumper (one of which is way down near the lip), enough to show a little black underneath. Plus the obligatory chipped windshield (my last 3 vehicles all received that rite of passage within the first month of ownership. Gah.)

Pretty hard to notice, though, and waiting to have the car wrapped in TX was not an option for me -- plus I don't have that much self restraint :)

It's wrapped now, and it came out fabulous.

Reactions: vrykolas