Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a perfect delivery location, one block off I-90

Ok, someday I hope to see that car in person as there is only one turn I need to make to get to that spot:eek:

But we'll need a few SC'ers for my 60kWh

boston.PNG

The close of the day was to get the inspection sticker. I took it to the nearby Honda dealer. This was great fun; as soon as I drove into the service bay, every tech swarmed the Model S. Soon the flow of sales staff and management followed -- I'm sure that every employee was there. Everyone loved the Model S. Three different men, all end-of-career sales types, came up to ask me about the car. Each of them said, "Soon, all cars are going to be like that." But it'll put the service guys out of business, I said. "So? It's a better car." It was really amazing to see crusty veterans of the ICE wars not only face the future, but embrace it.

Had a very similar experience when I swung by Toyota of Sunnyvale to drop off my Prius's title. Had a nice crowd of the staff (plus a few customers) checking out the car. :) This is a nice dealer, and they carry the new RAV4-EV with the Tesla drivetrain, so they're pro-EV.

[*]The close of the day was to get the inspection sticker. I took it to the nearby Honda dealer. This was great fun; as soon as I drove into the service bay, every tech swarmed the Model S. Soon the flow of sales staff and management followed -- I'm sure that every employee was there. Everyone loved the Model S. Three different men, all end-of-career sales types, came up to ask me about the car. Each of them said, "Soon, all cars are going to be like that." But it'll put the service guys out of business, I said. "So? It's a better car." It was really amazing to see crusty veterans of the ICE wars not only face the future, but embrace it.
[/LIST]

I had a similar experience. I had to take my car to a gas station to get a safety inspection. All the grease monkeys were impressed by the car and they mentioned that all cars will be electric someday. They seemed to like that idea even though it means the gas station will likely disappear along with their jobs.

Robert, now you tell us:
"Now, I mentioned earlier that I hadn't seen a green Model S. Did I mention that I'd also never driven a Model S?"

I love it. Talk about Faith in an...ANIMATE object.
Great pics. Esp the Boston backdrop. Wow!
Hope to post some in Rhapsody Blue tomorrow.
9am Delivery.

P264/vin1776 was picked up this morning. "Silent Beast" is a beautiful blue performance loaded Model S. What an absolute blast. Had 24 miles on it, due bill is a cargo net, cargo shelf, and spoiler. Seattle area should expect 50+ new cars in the next week or so. More to follow, including pics on gray leather that folks have asked to see (love the gray leather, btw). Here are some pics from the pick up: Tesla Pick-Up - a set on Flickr

fun times...just need some decent weather in Seattle area to exercise the car and get some more pics for all to see.

P264/vin1776 was picked up this morning. "Silent Beast" is a beautiful blue performance loaded Model S. What an absolute blast. Had 24 miles on it, due bill is a cargo net, cargo shelf, and spoiler. Seattle area should expect 50+ new cars in the next week or so. More to follow, including pics on gray leather that folks have asked to see (love the gray leather, btw). Here are some pics from the pick up: Tesla Pick-Up - a set on Flickr

fun times...just need some decent weather in Seattle area to exercise the car and get some more pics for all to see.

Congratulations! Maybe I will see you in the next get together.

Congrats, looking forward to your pictures!

Congrats, I think that's one of the first blue with grey wheels that I've seen, which is my config. Looks great!