Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S P85, Grey, Black, Pano, Tech, Audio, Carbon, 21" Pictures

Some pics, going on 1 week with the car....

2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-001.JPG

2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-002.JPG

2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-005.JPG

2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-007.JPG

2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-008.JPG

2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-009.JPG

2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-010.JPG

Attachments

• 2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-001.JPG
    2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-001.JPG
    480.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-002.JPG
    2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-002.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-005.JPG
    2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-005.JPG
    428.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2012-Tesla-Model-S-P85-007.JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 31
Our Model S Performance (Grey, Tan Leather, Tech Package, 21" silver wheels, CF spoiler, air suspension) comes sometime within the next 20 or so days.. The delivery window is February 5-19th. I can't wait!!! I'll post pics here when it arrives..:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::biggrin:

All -

Decided to do some driving on this nice sunny day in the northeast (30's - a heat wave!).

Started the day with a standard charge (232 miles I believe). I drove to the supercharger in Milford, CT which is 60 miles away. No ICE's taking up the 2 spots (Northbound side) thank goodness. Was able to charge back the 60 miles I drove in 26 minutes and make it all the way to a Standard Charge in 35 minutes: added 73 miles to finish @ 242 miles.

I had taken 95 up and decided to stop at the nearby mall for lunch and then take the Merritt Parkway back. Wanted to experience a public charger, so I located a Chargepoint station not too far away near the Merritt. It was at a business - closed on sunday so desolate. Used the J1772 adapter and my Chargepoint card and had no problems getting the car to charge and getting the adapter out of the car (it's the newly designed J1772).

Stopped by a friends house in North Stamford CT to give him a test drive - he had a lot of fun accelerating and regen'ing on the Merritt! We then drove down to the center of Stamford to check out the 2 new (FREE) charging stations they added in a parking lot across the street from the Stamford Mall. Even had a canopy with solar panels (they were generating 1.8 kilowatts of power at the time). This was a GE charger so I just removed the J1772 plug and tested charging again - worked like a charm and was charging at 20 miles/hour (208 volts @ 30 amps). Then I drove my friend home and then proceed back to my place.

All in all a great day finally seeing what its like to charge "out in the wild"! Here are some pictures:

Supercharger in Milford, CT
IMG_0630.jpg
IMG_0631.jpg

Chargepoint Station:
IMG_0632.jpg

Downtown Stamford Free Public Station
IMG_0634.jpg

Aaron

Stopped by a friends house in North Stamford CT to give him a test drive - he had a lot of fun accelerating and regen'ing on the Merritt! We then drove down to the center of Stamford to check out the 2 new (FREE) charging stations they added in a parking lot across the street from the Stamford Mall. Even had a canopy with solar panels (they were generating 1.8 kilowatts of power at the time). This was a GE charger so I just removed the J1772 plug and tested charging again - worked like a charm and was charging at 20 miles/hour (208 volts @ 30 amps). Then I drove my friend home and then proceed back to my place.

Thanks for the vicarious road trip. Where's the lot across from the Stamford Mall? Is it on Plugshare at all? If not, would you add it?

Aaron, so happy for you. Car looks SWEET. Just great. You received yours just 4-5 weeks after I received Elwood. He has now gone just about 3,000 miles. I'll be reporting on a charging or range thread in a few minute my experience in the first 2,000 miles (exact energy use, estimated cost), as well as on my trip to and from Foxwoods Friday night. Some teachable moments within. Such as: try not to finish a 220 mile trip with three miles of range, at 3am :)

Saw my first Tesla on the road since mine arrived in December and the owner, Jean-Marie, and I sat and had a cup of coffee and exchanged ownership stories. Beatuiful red signature, see salt-covered cars pictured below. But don't they look nice, side by side?

Model S ownership continues to reside somewhere between wonderful and magical.
Enjoy!
IMG_3739.jpg

That long-eared theft-protection device in the rear of the red Tesla looks mighty effective. I'm looking forward to air-conditioning that can be left on and monitored from a smart phone so that I can bring my own best friend/theft protection device with me to the store on warm days.

ModelS1079: I'm particularly enjoying your stories and photos since my MS will look just like yours on the exterior.