Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked mine up from the Austin service center this week and was able to get the full DS experience here in TX!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Twiddler,
That's a gorgeous car you have there. Congratulations! I particularly like the interior shot. Is that a grey leather interior with the lacewood? The combination looks great. Hoping you take a recharge break and give us more feedback. No doubt you're going to sleep with visions of Teslas dancing in your head.

Twiddler,
That's a gorgeous car you have there. Congratulations! I particularly like the interior shot. Is that a grey leather interior with the lacewood? The combination looks great. Hoping you take a recharge break and give us more feedback. No doubt you're going to sleep with visions of Teslas dancing in your head.

Thank you for your gracious compliments - it is amazing that after almost a year of waiting (this is a 60kWh, res #7511), the car goes way beyond even the ridiculous expectations that I have built for it over this time! The interior is grey with lacewood, and I am EXTREMELY happy with how it turned out. THe above picture actually shows it as slightly more brown than it really is. Particularly when the sun hits the wood, the gray really comes out and is the exact shade of the leather, while at night it looks black. Everyone who has sat in the front thus far has repeatedly stroked it with this big tesla grin, marveling at the texture and pattern. Prior to my delivery, I could not find any pictures of this combination online. You would think I have bought a Ferrari with the way that everyone is talking about it (all positive so far though), and in the first 48hrs of having it, 2 of my colleagues have put down reservations. I realize that I am speaking to fellow Kool-Aid drinkers here, but this is more than just a car. Tesla/Elon will change the world. I am just happy to be participating :love:

Thank you for your gracious compliments - it is amazing that after almost a year of waiting (this is a 60kWh, res #7511), the car goes way beyond even the ridiculous expectations that I have built for it over this time! The interior is grey with lacewood, and I am EXTREMELY happy with how it turned out. THe above picture actually shows it as slightly more brown than it really is. Particularly when the sun hits the wood, the gray really comes out and is the exact shade of the leather, while at night it looks black. Everyone who has sat in the front thus far has repeatedly stroked it with this big tesla grin, marveling at the texture and pattern. Prior to my delivery, I could not find any pictures of this combination online. You would think I have bought a Ferrari with the way that everyone is talking about it (all positive so far though), and in the first 48hrs of having it, 2 of my colleagues have put down reservations. I realize that I am speaking to fellow Kool-Aid drinkers here, but this is more than just a car. Tesla/Elon will change the world. I am just happy to be participating :love:

+1 brother :)

Picked mine up from the Austin service center this week and was able to get the full DS experience here in TX!!
I spy with my little eye, something beginning with i.

As in an iPad / iPod cable ... did you get yours working? I am 0 for 3 after trying iPod, iPad, Xoom (Android Motorola) ... sounds like it's not supported yet.

But CONGRATS nonetheless! I, as do all the lucky folks out here who've taken delivery already, know exactly how you feel!

As in an iPad / iPod cable ... did you get yours working? I am 0 for 3 after trying iPod, iPad, Xoom (Android Motorola) ... sounds like it's not supported yet.

But CONGRATS nonetheless! I, as do all the lucky folks out here who've taken delivery already, know exactly how you feel!

Actually, I have had luck charging both my iPhone 4S (old cable, Belkin) and iPad mini (new cable, stock) through the USB connections, so maybe you will gain function in the next update. Also as an aside, my car came with "upgraded" floor mats in the front seats and frunk, apparently in response to the feedback on the flimsy mats. Although these are almost on par with the deluxe mats (sans the $200 Tesla logo), there is still nothing for the rear seats.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    683.3 KB · Views: 1,344
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 1,343
Last edited:

Sorry, but does this mean that (for now) controlling an iPod, or playing music on an iPod through the car sound system is not possible (apart from bluetooth streaming)? thanks for clarifying