Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So close.
Took "delivery" today at the LA Service center which is now in the San Fernando Valley near Van Nuys airport. Much better location than the Santa Monica spot, with over 30 S's parked inside and out. Lots of white & black, quite a few blue and about 4 MC reds. I was one of 2 green they had there; it was spotless and looked ready to go. Mine had 10 miles on it and was nearly charged up with 230 miles on the screen. Did the paper work, went through the walkthrough with the DS and was going over the charging connect, disconnect thing. On the second plug-in sequence the charge-port light ring went red.
Uh-oh.
DS switched UMC's, switched outlets and after a few minutes, he called over a tech while we continued the walk-through.
Upshot, my car had to be sent to Santa Monica to possibly have the charger replaced... stake through my heart. I was so jazzed and so ready to fly out of there on this beautiful April morning but the DS said really, I shouldn't take it with that error showing. They consulted by phone with the main office and the upshot was that it needed to go to the service center. Might be a few days. DS saw my pained sad expression and said, "hey, it's all charged up now, so we can take it for spin!" Did that. It just made me want it more. Sigh.
I returned home. Watched as my newly connected Tesla app showed the car moving the west side of town and then car doors opening and closing on my little screen. Well, at least they went to work on it right away. Hope it's an easy fix.

So close.
Took "delivery" today at the LA Service center which is now in the San Fernando Valley near Van Nuys airport. Much better location than the Santa Monica spot, with over 30 S's parked inside and out. Lots of white & black, quite a few blue and about 4 MC reds. I was one of 2 green they had there; it was spotless and looked ready to go. Mine had 10 miles on it and was nearly charged up with 230 miles on the screen. Did the paper work, went through the walkthrough with the DS and was going over the charging connect, disconnect thing. On the second plug-in sequence the charge-port light ring
man, that stinks! I'm so sorry....but better to discover it now than when you're away from home somewhere, I guess. Doesn't make it any less painful. I would have cried.

Whatever happened to the luscious photos of Tesla S deliveries on this thread? Now that the die-hards are getting their cars, the photos are few and far between. Come on you luck few taking delivery this week, how about snapping some shots and posting them here for those of us who still have a little waiting to do. Thx.

Btrflyl8e - have you gotten a specific delivery date yet? They gave me 5/20 and I have the same window as you and live in MD. Car will supposedly be completed this week.

I agree with Papafox and PeterW - more descriptions of deliveries and photos, etc. I need my daily dose to get me through. Help a brother out.

The forums have become pretty weak with the pictures. Gratuitous pic from my last road trip to help you guys through. Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA. Security let me charge in this spot overnight at a 110V since they didn't have anything in their parking lot.

Attachments

• IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 2,295
Btrflyl8e - have you gotten a specific delivery date yet? They gave me 5/20 and I have the same window as you and live in MD. Car will supposedly be completed this week.

I agree with Papafox and PeterW - more descriptions of deliveries and photos, etc. I need my daily dose to get me through. Help a brother out.
No scheduled date yet...as soon as I hear anything I'll let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

The forums have become pretty weak with the pictures. Gratuitous pic from my last road trip to help you guys through. Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA. Security let me charge in this spot overnight at a 110V since they didn't have anything in their parking lot.
Man, every time I see a pic I am more and more sure I chose the right color. I just love that blue!

I was right! Got a call today saying my car will be here Monday, they need a day to prep so I am scheduled to pick it up Tuesday at 9am!!! This weekend will be the longest. Weekend. Ever.

Btrflyl8e, hurrah! Just remember to click a few photos for those of us who are still in a holding pattern.

If you were previously pulseless, I highly suggest you seek medical (and media) attention !

Jeeps17- Fortunately I received a Tesla photo infusion before all signs of pulse were lost. Chances are I'll survive until my S arrives in early June.

Btrflyl8e, hurrah! Just remember to click a few photos for those of us who are still in a holding pattern.

Jeeps17- Fortunately I received a Tesla photo infusion before all signs of pulse were lost. Chances are I'll survive until my S arrives in early June.
JUNE!?! You poor thing! Sadly I will have limited time to take pics until later Tuesday. But I'll probably take her out to the beach at sunset and see if I can create some artsy shots.

Very nice! Got our HPWC, should be installed soon. So come for a visit and charge up! (Will have both the 15-40 and HPWC avail).

photo (29).JPG

So it's here ..... tomorrow is the day of scheduled delivery. I was driving by the service center (next to my work) over the lunch hour and sure enough - 2 grays and a sea of reds ..... this will be a long nights folks. (vin - 9508)

Last edited: