Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just horsing around with the little guy!

10333648_10152583447372246_5798639773738088837_o.jpg

Better late than never?

Finally got around to posting this!

My P85+ was delivered on a brisk evening in May (9:25PM CST May 2nd, to be exact). However, it was involved in an accident 11 days later on May 13th and I only just got it back on July 18th! Please forgive me, but I didn't feel up to writing about a car I was not in possession of.

DJH_7838.jpg

Due to this year's Polar Vortex, it was about 3 degrees Celsius and lightly snowing when my car was delivered. I actually had to wear my Sping/Fall jacket during the whole thing and my cameraperson had to take several breaks due to excessive shivering...

DJH_7842.jpg

You can notice pockets of snow in the background and all the plant-life was still dead.

Doing the initial inspection was difficult because sunset is about 8PM at that time of year. Fortunately, I remembered my delivery checklist so I didn't keep the poor delivery guy waiting around too long. (Dude was making the 2000+ kilometer trip back to Vancouver the next day, only to pick up another Model S for delivery to Edmonton!)

First Impressions:

1) Tail lights were different-looking (I didn't remember the casings being colorless in photos I've seen)
2) Tire noise with the P85+ is quite pronounced on our rough-coat pavement but my concerns about ride quality were unfounded. The car rides great! (the 19-inch wheels must ride wonderfully)
3) Door openings were smaller than I'm used to, but I'm used to coupes (This is my first sedan)
4) Regen was not as noticeable as I remember from test drives
5) MC Red paint was darker than I expected (I though it was more like the red on the brake calipers, for some reason)
6) Tan interior is lighter than I thought. I'm a bit concerned it will stain/mark up easily.
7) What were they thinking with the key fob hook?! NONE of my key rings will fit it! I eventually let my mom tie a piece of yarn to it, just so I wouldn't lose it.
8) Both Rated and Ideal ranges are very optimistic. I never came close to either one during daily use.
9) Steering adjustment does not work like I thought it would (for example, I expected 'sport' to offer more precision but it just increases steering effort)
10) Tire Pressures: Door placard indicates optimal pressure of 38PSI (Front) and 40PSI (Rear)
11) Internet functions not well thought out for areas with spotty service (should cache album art and maps)

Our second Tesla was finally delivered today! We ordered in May and it was due in August but "Tesla is just being Tesla".
My wife WOULDN'T LET ME GO with her to the delivery since she wanted the experience herself without me butting in and
she scheduled it for a time when I had a commitment this morning. Then I get home and SHE TOOK MY SPOT by the charger.

There was a lot of back and forth and drama leading up to her delivery which I will spare you, needless to say she is happy now
as is always the case. (OK, some of the drama had to do with her trade but we straightened that out and they managed to
get the plates yesterday afternoon...hence more drama).

Took it to the Mercedes dealer for the inspection but then had to go back home as I had forgotten to install the front plate
(required in MA). Not sure if we're taking her car or mine on the 600 mile round trip we're taking later this week. Will take
it Monday for Xpel treatment (as she will be out of town on business), will give her a few days to decide what level of tinting
to get.

She also GOT A LOWER NUMBERED PLATE than me! Oh the humanity...

IMG_2517 (1).jpeg

PS: Note the tandem bike on the wall on the right which fits nicely into my car...pictures elsewhere

Attachments

• IMG_2517 (1).jpeg
    IMG_2517 (1).jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 2,282
Last edited:
My wife and I picked up our Model S yesterday! We drove it straight to the nearest supercharger to try it out:

tesla.jpg

Specs: 85 kWh Performance | Red Multi-Coat | Pano | 19" Wheels | Grey Performance Leather Seats | Piano Black | Alcantara Headliner+Dashboard Trim | Tech | Parking Sensors | Fog Lamps | Dual Chargers | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Carbon Fiber Spoiler | Red Brake Calipers

Next week we'll be taking it on a 555 mile road trip to my father's place. I think he's more excited about it than we are :)

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    872.6 KB · Views: 2,879
My wife and I picked up our Model S yesterday! We drove it straight to the nearest supercharger to try it out:

I've got idea what the deal is with the cat picture that is on your wife's shirt, but one of my facebook friends constantly sends similar looking ones to me in conversation and I never have the slightest idea what I'm supposed to think they mean.

- - - Updated - - -

*sigh*

I've got no idea what...