Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owning a Tesla is awesome, until you get into an accident...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Geico policy renews in mid-March. The 6 month premium went up $240 to $675 per 6 months (e.g., about a 55% rate increase). I called Geico to find out why the rate went up (I have no accidents or tickets). I was told that their experience with the particular model has been that repair costs have been much much higher than they thought they would be, and thus Geico has reclassified the model car to reflect the higher repair costs.

My Geico policy renews in mid-March. The 6 month premium went up $240 to $675 per 6 months (e.g., about a 55% rate increase). I called Geico to find out why the rate went up (I have no accidents or tickets). I was told that their experience with the particular model has been that repair costs have been much much higher than they thought they would be, and thus Geico has reclassified the model car to reflect the higher repair costs.

In Florida geico cannot increase the premium on a electric vehicle unless your in a accident

You should have the option to make the insurance company get you another equivalent car if you don't like what they offer you. Let them find a nice used car like yours. There should be plenty similar to yours around right now due to all of the Model S cars being unloaded for the "D's".