Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P Delivery -- Good News Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you can always finance fully after the fact at the same rates. Usually a lender will give up to a year to finalize financing and it will be much lower than Tesla rates.

Thanks for the tip. We plan to pay off the loan within the year.. just a little tight with cash due to renovations on a new house and a Disney cruise (along with quarterly estimated tax payments) but we should easily be able to pay off the loan within 6 to 12 months.

woohoo! I also am picking up my performance model 3 next week. it is already waiting for me at costa mesa =)

My performance model 3 will be arriving at Costa Mesa also this weekend.. will probably be ready for pick up sometime next week! Will be awesome for both of us to be one of the first Performance Model 3 owners out there in Southern California!

Thanks for the tip. We plan to pay off the loan within the year.. just a little tight with cash due to renovations on a new house and a Disney cruise (along with quarterly estimated tax payments) but we should easily be able to pay off the loan within 6 to 12 months.
not sure if one can get too low just for 1 year, but xceed still has 1.75$ for 36 months, no pre-payment penalties. Also, you can delay first payment for I think 60 days - without additional interest. Can do financing later, assuming decent credit and income or tax filings. they are down in your area as well - not that that matters.

you MIGHT be able to find a .99% teaser for like 12 months from other CU's.

Reactions: Bruin1996
not sure if one can get too low just for 1 year, but xceed still has 1.75$ for 36 months, no pre-payment penalties. Also, you can delay first payment for I think 60 days - without additional interest. Can do financing later, assuming decent credit and income or tax filings. they are down in your area as well - not that that matters.

you MIGHT be able to find a .99% teaser for like 12 months from other CU's.
Thanks.. we are going with Tesla financing.. 3.55% APR for simplicity... will pay off early. Delivery set for next Sunday 7/29! (could have gotten delivery as early as Wednesday but wife and I can’t get to Tesla store in time from our work and I have to work Saturday)

Non-employee, existing owner

Mid-morning line waiter 3/31/16
Configured when flag dropped June 26, 2018

Sherman Oaks (LA Area), CA

Call and VIN received 7/19
VIN 733XX P/EAP/18/MCR/EAP
At Marina del Rey Delivery Center
Delivery set for 7/21

!!!!!!!

Just received call from Vegas. Pickup scheduled for next Friday in Costa Mesa.

Reserved day 1
Configured 6/30

AWD performance (no Performance upgrade)
Midnight silver
Black
Aero
Paying cash

Asked to confirm details on website today. Call came about 3 hours later

I posted elsewhere, but will re-post to bring more hope to this thread:

AWS Performance 3 - no perf upgrade, FSD, White, Black interior
  • Reserve: 2016/04/02
  • Invite/Configure/Order: 2018/06/27
  • Edit Gone, Contacted, Got Vin: 2018/07/19
  • Delivery: 2018/07/26
  • Non owner, non employee, Fremont delivery
  • Original delivery window: Aug-Oct
You are first ‘non first day’ reservation holder I’ve seen get contacted. Little jealous, maybe location?
I’m day 1 10:31PM online
6/27 P3D order
Model X owner
location raleigh NC

Still have edit button, chose Tesla financing but will go elsewhere

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
Non-employee, S owner, reserved March 31 2016 -9:02, configured May 21, 2018
Just asked to confirm all my data and told I will be contacted within 48 hours. Shows Aug-Oct delivery now.
Update: No call yet, but I dropped by my local store and talked with an associate who just took delivery of his Model 3 and was enthusiastic to check on mine. He said there is no associate notation on mine so far, but that it does show as ordered. He further said there were more model 3's arriving almost every day in Miami, and that all Southeastern cars went by rail to Birmingham, AL then by truck to individual Tesla stores. He said the first orders for P opened in Florida on May 21, and that mine seemed to be the first one likely to be delivered but that VIN assignment had been happening for some cars as late as one or two days prior to delivery, although nearly all are about a week or so prior to delivery. Since July 1st delivery logistics have been "very, very busy running seven days week.". He invited me to check in every few days if i do not hear sooner.

You are first ‘non first day’ reservation holder I’ve seen get contacted. Little jealous, maybe location?
I’m day 1 10:31PM online
6/27 P3D order
Model X owner
location raleigh NC

Still have edit button, chose Tesla financing but will go elsewhere

I think I just got lucky with color. Seeing a few days before me other line-waiters get their VIN come up on White AWD / P got me excited. So they got their calls first.

P3 picked up at Marina del Rey!

QC is excellent. Delivery experience warm, welcoming and helpful. (Kudos, Alexander!)

Lots of M3 deliveries taking place.

Tesla shorts are in a world of hurt ...

A395C878-DC3C-494F-9BBE-24BC0B4E6465.jpeg

D8FE157C-CF95-450D-A0E8-C32B4FB12A73.jpeg

Last edited:
P3 picked up at Marina del Rey!

QC is excellent. Delivery experience warm, welcoming and helpful. (Kudos, Alexander!)

Lots of M3 deliveries taking place.

Tesla shorts are in a world of hurt ...

View attachment 318850

View attachment 318852
Are you going to post a video on YouTube? Maybe showing acceleration since the Tesla test drives wouldn't allow filming during the P3D test drives?

Also please share with us your impressions and thoughts (eg compared to other cars you've driven). Thanks!

Are you going to post a video on YouTube? Maybe showing acceleration since the Tesla test drives wouldn't allow filming during the P3D test drives?

Also please share with us your impressions and thoughts (eg compared to other cars you've driven). Thanks!

Here’s what I posted from the test drive yesterday: P3 Test Drive Mini-Review (Comparison with 3LR)

Saturday afternoon Westside traffic won’t afford me much fun time today!

Here’s what I posted from the test drive yesterday: P3 Test Drive Mini-Review (Comparison with 3LR)

Saturday afternoon Westside traffic won’t afford me much fun time today!

I would be interested in if you notice any difference, especially in acceleration, between the one you test drove with the Performance Upgrade Package and yours without it.

Have you tried holding down the sport button in the driving controls to see if it brings up the option to enable track mode? (I don't know if that is how you would get to it but it seems reasonable.)