TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

P100D on the way! Advice?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Matthew XC, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Matthew XC

Matthew XC Member

Hey everyone. I’m taking delivery of a P100D in a week or so and I’m super excited. Any advice from current owners?

• Like x 3
  2. ZRitchey

ZRitchey Member

I just picked up my new MXP100D last Wednesday in Florida and drove it back to Colorado. I’ve been blown away by this car! You are going to love it!!!
    Congrats!

3. Ames

Ames Member

Get a box of Panadol and a sick bag to keep in the glove box...and thank me later.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  4. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

YOu will love it. Check out the Delivery checklist to look for things when taking delivery, but don’t be so focused on negatives and enjoy the process.

If you got the 22” wheels, they are a power sucker, so be prepared for longer trips to see higher WH #’s.

Get a dashcam to film all those times you blow away a Porsche, BMW, Aston Martin who try to challenge you at a stop light!

Oh, and don’t forget the wrinkle cream you will need to prevent wrinkles from all of the smiling you will do!

• Like x 1
  5. HenryCH

HenryCH Member

There was something about which suspensión level to use when speeding up..

6. hly

hly Member

My car is permanently set at low, handling is better with less body roll, and it has a lower chance to create the dreaded shudder after repeated ludicrous launches.

• Like x 1
  7. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Active Member

I concur on the stop light events. You will use it only when you feel the need, but when you do, those bozo (ICE cars) won't be huffing and puffing next to you any longer, bubye -------->

8. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

"Low" is the new "Standard" setting that Tesla is delivering all X's at...

9. Kano

Kano Member

• Don't stress out about all the negative stuff you see on the forums and such
    • Use the checklist compiled on this forum during delivery
    • Prepare to be blown away

• Like x 1
  10. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

if you hear a ‘beep’ sound when exiting the vehicle, prepare to take evasive maneuvers to prevent blunt force trauma to your head from the falcon wing doors .

This is a symptom of your fob being triple clicked while you are moving from a sitting to standing position.

11. padal77

padal77 Member

i just picked my p100d, 1 month ago, its the best car in the world... my advice would be to pay attention to whats in front of you rather than the blind spot when switching lanes to overtake another vehicle. The car is so quick that you have a better chance at rear ending someone in the split second you turn your head to check the blind spot when your accelerating to overtake . This car is a weapon.

• Informative x 1
  12. TOBASH

TOBASH Supporting Member

Yeah, have fun.

We had another driver on this BB who posted a video of himself at 155MPH on public roads. Don't be like that idiot.

Best,

T

13. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Active Member

Yes, that's good advice!

14. golfbern

golfbern Member

Hahaha! This is so freaking true. I’ve taken some serious beatings from this.

15. muleferg

muleferg Supporting Member

16. Matthew XC

Matthew XC Member

All great advice! Thanks everyone. I can't wait

17. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

Probably too late to be any help ...

... but I wish I had put a passenger-facing cam on the dash and recorded the expression of everyone I took for a ride in the "early days". Everyone I know has had a ride now :(

Although ... would getting a faster-model, so I could do the demo-rides all over again with the same audience, be sufficient justification with Wifee?! :)

18. Kbra

Kbra Member

My number one must have on a Model S is the auto lift kit for the parcel shelf. When i first got my S a few years ago there were numerous times i forgot to fold it down and didnt notice till i was on the road and had most my window blocked. Now whenever someone i know gets a Model S i immediately order one of these for them. Cheap and Easy!

Auto-lift Kit for the Tesla Model S Parcel Shelf

19. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

Me too and I find it so annoying that I have to stop and sort it out ... which is also annoying!

20. jajabor

jajabor Member

You mean Tylenol? Do you get a headache after driving MX?