Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D Owner Sit-in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which is why it's nonsensical THOSE people think they "deserve" $5000.

Once again, IMHO, math is flawed. People paid X or X + 5k for car + something that nows costs X and comes with something and a big set of them never got the something but still paid X

The Non PUP upgrade was sold 5k cheaper than PUP. That's the only price it was ever sold at. They discontinued it because no one is going to buy non PUP when you get aluminum pedals, spoiler, Track mode, better wheels and tires and larger brakes for the same price. if they reduced the price It would become too close to AWD pricing and no one would opt for AWD. They didn't discontinue it as a less popular but equal option as you are implying.

this

Once again, IMHO, math is flawed. People paid X or X + 5k for car + something that nows costs X and comes with something and a big set of them never got the something but still paid X

this

Maybe people have missed that they are still selling, or at least trying to, their remaining P3D- inventory at the same price. There has been no price reduction for that trim level.

There was Performance and Performance w/options

Now there is Performance at the cost of the Performance w/o options <- you can disagree with that fact but it doesn't change fact.

There is no price reduction for Performance w/o options because the configuration is Gone! (from website)
Most likely they will end up flashing them and selling them as AWDs

Just want to throw this out there.

I called Tesla and they currently have some non-PUP P3's in inventory. They're still asking $64k.
You are welcome to call and ask them yourself...

If I needed a 2nd 3 I'd call about that and then I would ask are ya serious you're selling this for the same as those on the website with 5k more toys? Seriously? Then if they said yup I'd probably choke for laughing at wtf folks.

There was Performance and Performance w/options

Now there is Performance at the cost of the Performance w/o options <- you can disagree with that fact but it doesn't change fact.

There is no price reduction for Performance w/o options because the configuration is Gone! (from website)

Technically there is only Performance with options now at the original Performance without options price. There is no Performance without options now. (You can't unselect the checkbox.)

P3D- customers didn't pay $5000 for the performance package, so they can't get a refund for a thing they did not buy
How are people still confused by this?
Fine then give P- the PUP that everyone gets now for free. But if Tesla doesn't want to do that then give them the price of the PUP which was 5K in exchange for FUSC. Elon is the one that said FUSC is worth 5K so the exchange should be fair then. Don't want that either then give them EAP or FSD whichever they don't already have which costs Tesla nothing. If not that then give them some sort of Tesla credit in exchange for FUSC. Do anything but do something to make it right. Elon said he would make it right after he aknowledged the mistake. All I am saying is for him to do as he said in any way he sees fit. Not asking a lot to hold him to what he said.
I mean- RWD and AWD owners also didn't buy the performance package- should they get $5000 too?
No because their price has not changed. How are people still confused by this? Only people directly affected are P- and P+.

I bet you had it for more than a week first though ;)

I'm supposed to get my P3D- back next week.

Ah, but as mentioned- if your sig is accurate and it's been in for service ever since you picked up on 10/17, you can get a full refund this Friday, before it's ready, under CAs lemon law since that'll be 30 days- then get yourself the "superior" as you called it P3D+ for the same money!

Should be the perfect resolution to how unhappy you are with the "deal" you currently got on the car, right?

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA and Perry
Fine then give P- the PUP that everyone gets now for free. But if Tesla doesn't want to do that then give them the price of the PUP which was 5K in exchange for FUSC. Elon is the one that said FUSC is worth 5K so the exchange should be fair then. Don't want that either then give them EAP or FSD whichever they don't already have which costs Tesla nothing. If not that then give them some sort of Tesla credit in exchange for FUSC. Do anything but do something to make it right.

They got exactly the car they paid for- and it's still the same price for that car for those left in inventory.

Nobody has made a real case for anything being "wrong" for those folks.

The P3D+ folks on the other hand actually paid 5000 actual dollars for an option now free, so they can give up FUSC to get that 5000 back.

Elon said he would make it right after he aknowledged the mistake. All I am saying is for him to do as he said in any way he sees fit. Not asking a lot to hold him to what he said.

As pointed out- taking his tweets in context (ie not just one line of one tweet) it suggests he was talking about P3D+ owners (because in another tweet he makes it clear the trade for not-picked-up-yet cars is the $5000 lower price (which can ONLY be in relation to P3D+ cars) or keeping FUSC.

No because their price has not changed. How are people still confused by this? Only people directly affected are P- and P+.

You are the confused one.

P- price hasn't changed either

So exactly the same thing.

P3D- price didn't change, and people who didn't pay $5000 for an option don't get a refund of it.

Same as RWD and AWD buyers who also don't get a refund on an option they never took anyway.

Right- so there's no "refund" due to you- since you didn't actually PAY for something now free.
I mean- there's literally no spent money to be refunded for P3D- owners.
Dude, why are you so dense and don't see the loss of 5K in value. New owners are getting 5K worth of extra stuff for the same price P- paid so there is a loss of 5K for P- not in what they paid but in what they did not get for the same price that others got. So P- received 5K less product.

So now that I hope we can agree that both P+ and P- lost 5K (of money or of product) lets talk about resolution as I think these are separate issues and you can agree on one and not the other.

I am not saying Elon owes anything to anyone. But he admitted that he made a mistake ("too much to soon") and also said he would take corrective action. So it makes sense that corrective action should be applied equally to all who took the 5K hit (premised above). Its a really simple and clean cut argument. I don't know why you keep arguing for injustice with your hate for P-.

Nor should you, since you are factually wrong about it.
Higher trims of cars getting cheaper don't equal a dollar-for-dollar depreciation of lower trims of the same model.
Then you can use that argument with P+ too. The P+ just got cheaper by 5K so by your argument they should suck it up and not get the 5K. There is no valid argument to give 5K back to P+ but not to P-. So stop arguing for unfairness.

Dude, why are you so dense and don't see the loss of 5K in value.

Because that's not actually how depreciation works.

The P3D+ lost 5k in value (if it's still untitled and new) because you can buy that car for 5k less.

The P3D- you can not buy that car for 5k less.

Apples and twinkies.

Again- if the Vette ZR1 dropped 5k in price, the cheaper Z51 Vette doesn't magically lose 5k in value too.

It. Does. Not. Work. That Way.

New owners are getting 5K worth of extra stuff

Clearly it's not 5k worth of stuff now is it? :)

for the same price P- paid so there is a loss of 5K for P- not in what they paid but in what they did not get for the same price that others got. So P- received 5K less product.

Again- not how any of this actually works.

Unless I can take those parts off (for free) and sell them for $5000 cash, and still have a working car.

Which, of course, I can't.

So now that I hope we can agree that both P+ and P- lost 5K

We can't agree on that- because it's factually wrong.

I am not saying Elon owes anything to anyone. But he admitted that he made a mistake ("too much to soon") and also said he would take corrective action.

Yes- he said that about P3D+ owners who suddenly did lose about 5k in value overnight (less than 5k technically, since their cars are already depreciated at least a little but close enough)

So it makes sense that corrective action should be applied equally to all who took the 5K hit (premised above). Its a really simple and clean cut argument. I don't know why you keep arguing for injustice with your hate for P-.

Not only do I not "hate" the P3D-, I think it's the better car than the P3D+

The only thing I 'hate' is people not understanding what Elon actually said, and not understanding that the price on one trim changing does not dollar-for-dollar change the price on a different trim of the car.

Then you can use that argument with P+ too. The P+ just got cheaper by 5K so by your argument they should suck it up and not get the 5K. There is no valid argument to give 5K back to P+ but not to P-. So stop arguing for unfairness.

Except, there is, it's been made a number of times- you either can't, or don't want to, understand it.

But we know for a FACT you're not expecting a refund! Source: You. 30 seconds earlier in the same post.
So what're you mad about again??
The unfairness. Not between new buyers and old buyers because a contract is a contract but the unfairness in Tesla's dealings to make good on P+ but not P-. If both damaged groups where treated equally, it would not matter either way. But playing favorites is down right ugly.