Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D Owner Sit-in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought you were talking about the PUP guys not getting money back
Like I said earlier, I have no idea. I've seen people post:
I purchased PUP, and Tesla said they will send me a refund.
I purchased PUP, and Tesla said their is no policy and we aren't giving you a refund - at least not yet.
I purchased a P (regardless of PUP), and Tesla said their is no policy yet.

I have no idea what they are doing, so I'm not jumping to conclusions at this point.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
it seems a lot of people are forgetting one additional vital point.
The "no one" of the company, who somehow calls all the shots and owns > 20%, promised a refund of $5000 via the company's official channel followed by 23M people/bots.
So, in that case, the customers are right to feel entitled for that $5000 refund. But then again, that same "no one" also promised the Mars many times over :)

That said, I wonder if a sit-in is legit. If not, there's a risk of being forced out by law enforcement. I have no idea.

I've read Fred's story.

Clearly my idea isn't a good one (or at least isn't received as such). So what do you suggest? What should our next move be?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm going to wait until it's been at least 3 months since the change.

The refund isn't something that's going to happen overnight or even 2-3 weeks later.

Gotta be patient in Tesla land.

The "no one" of the company, who somehow calls all the shots and owns > 20%, promised a refund of $5000 via the company's official channel followed by 23M people/bots.
So, in that case, the customers are right to feel entitled for that $5000 refund. But then again, that same "no one" also promised the Mars many times over :)

That said, I wonder if a sit-in is legit. If not, there's a risk of being forced out by law enforcement. I have no idea.

That offer was made under duress on a Friday evening. I wouldn’t legally hold him to it.

A sit in would be trespassing. You are on private property and would be asked to leave.

Why wouldnt you know something so basic?

Last edited:
I was sure to let Elon know I was disappointed at how early adopters were treated but I always knew my standing - and any help would strictly be a bonus and not something that could be demanded.

38D9513D-8F27-4213-9FC9-FE08ACF2F1A3.jpeg

I think a sit in is a terrible idea, but i think saying he made those comments under duress isn't fully accurate? Stress, of course. Duress, eh idk

Tweets were made Friday evening when Tesla corporate is done for the week.

Promises were not run by legal, marketing, product and customer service teams.

Offers were being negotiated in real time and pulled out of his ass without terms, limits, conditions, contracts or anything.

Elon eventually forced off Twitter from the whole thing being a giant mess.

If that’s not duress, I don’t know what is honestly.

Elon steers all of those teams, what he says goes.

Offers were being negotiated in real time and pulled out of his ass without terms, limits, conditions, contracts or anything.

Typical Elon, still doesn't imply he was under duress - just making snap judgements.

We have no evidence he was "forced" off twitter by anyone. He probably realized he was digging a hole and decided to just hop out.

Hate to be that guy, but the definition of duress is "threats, violence, constraints, or other action brought to bear on someone to do something against their will or better judgment.".

I see very little, if ANY, evidence that any of those criteria were met. Elon can do whatever he wants and he chose to offer a refund, no one had a gun to his head.

It seems you are confusing stress and poor timing and/or choices with duress. If someone is being interviewed in a murder investigation and then confesses, are they under duress simply because of the stressful nature of the topic?

• Disagree
Reactions: CarlK and MP3Mike
Tweets were made Friday evening when Tesla corporate is done for the week.

I don't think he was under duress either. I think he genuinely realized he made a mistake and came up with the first thing he could to appease the mob. In principle that makes him a stand-up guy. We can all be impulsive with our responses but I'll give Elon the benefit of doubt that he responded with intention, fully aware of what he was doing. As he surely always does.

The problem is in the follow through (or lack thereof). As the President and CEO he has final say and if Elon says there are refunds there must be refunds. If Tesla HQ isn't honoring his word then either he has major problems in his ranks or he's a liar. I prefer to believe the former than the latter.

Elon steers all of those teams, what he says goes.

Typical Elon, still doesn't imply he was under duress - just making snap judgements.

We have no evidence he was "forced" off twitter by anyone. He probably realized he was digging a hole and decided to just hop out.

Hate to be that guy, but the definition of duress is "threats, violence, constraints, or other action brought to bear on someone to do something against their will or better judgment.".

I see very little, if ANY, evidence that any of those criteria were met. Elon can do whatever he wants and he chose to offer a refund, no one had a gun to his head.

It seems you are confusing stress and poor timing and/or choices with duress. If someone is being interviewed in a murder investigation and then confesses, are they under duress simply because of the stressful nature of the topic?

You are saying none of his teams opinions matter? Kinda of hard to retain and motivate over 30,000 employees if they can’t impact policy EVER.

Financial duress is pressure that one person or entity puts on another person to do something that he or she would normally not do.

Who the F negotiates with 23 million twitter followers as a reasonable persons view on setting policy?

I consider Elon’s tweeting more of a discussion than a fully executed contract.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
So, in that case, the customers are right to feel entitled for that $5000 refund.

I think P3D+ owners probably should feel entitled to such a refund of what they paid for PUP (at cost of FUSC per the tweet)

It's weird P3D- owners think they are entitled to a $5000 refund though since they never spent that 5k on PUP to be refunded.

i

Not sure what you're saying here. You can always be asked to leave private property by the owner or whomever has control over it and if you refuse you are trespassing.

You are saying none of his teams opinions matter? Kinda of hard to retain and motivate over 30,000 employees if they can’t impact policy EVER.

Whoa i definitely never said that - my point is that he has the final say. So it's not like he is speaking out of turn on these matters. Agree to disagree on duress, but I think that is quite a stretch as he was just having a discussion with someone on Twitter. (and i'm not just saying that because i want a refund, i really don't care either way but ill gladly take free money).