Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 Badging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!

I get to pick my P85 up friday and I was told that it does not have the badge. My vin is 62xx so not all have them. My service director was going to try to get one, but she said they are not due bill items. Not really too sure how I feel about that, but I hope she can work it out. Also no spoiler or parcel shelf at this time. And of course still waiting on the HPWC.

J

I saw the most disgusting thing yesterday, in Half Moon Bay, a white Model S parked and someone had painted a red Nazi symbol on the hood. I felt soo bad for the owner. Hopefully it was just lipstick and easy removable.

Who does something like that! Didn't expect that, especially not in California...

How big was it on the hood? I recently learned about Hindu's putting swastikas on their new cars for some ritual. Google search turns up an article like this: http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Hinduism/2003/01/Photo-Essay-A-Puja-For-My-New-Car.aspx

Dmfick, I picked up my P85 yesterday (March 5) from the ERockville Service Center. My car does not have the P85 badge. Lenny, who is the service manager told me that the P85 and 85 badges are on order and that the owners of every P85 and 85 car delivered to date will be offered the badge for their car. I wanted it put on the due bill, but he assured me I will get one, and that it really not a due bill item, as the due bill is supposed to be for items ordered for the car (i.e., spoiler, shelf, etc.). My prior dealings with Lenny have been excellant, so I trust that I will be notified when the badge becomes available.

How big was it on the hood? I recently learned about Hindu's putting swastikas on their new cars for some ritual. Google search turns up an article like this: http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Hinduism/2003/01/Photo-Essay-A-Puja-For-My-New-Car.aspx

That explains it!

I should have snapped a photo. It was about the same size as in the picture in your link, and positioned right at the center on the hood. It was red, and looked as if painted on with a lipstick, probably to make sure it could be removed easily.

Now I feel terrible for assuming vandalism and not thinking about this as a possibility. :redface:

Thanks mrbry and gg, I do feel better now, and learned something I didn't know...

Last edited:
Hello all!

I get to pick my P85 up friday and I was told that it does not have the badge. My vin is 62xx so not all have them. My service director was going to try to get one, but she said they are not due bill items. Not really too sure how I feel about that, but I hope she can work it out. Also no spoiler or parcel shelf at this time. And of course still waiting on the HPWC.

J

hmm they put the P85 badge as a due-bill item on mine.

From the forum. Badging for everyone

badging.JPG