Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 modded to be a P85 w/Ludicrous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I might be able to get it on a dyno tomorrow afternoon. If so going to charge it to 100%, trailer it there, then plug it in for a bit when I get there to do max battery power heating :D (they have a 240V 30A outlet).

And I'll charge some GoPros.

I have a question. I originally thought we could upgrade our batteries. Tesla service says no. Could I upgrade my s85 2014 battery for a 100kw? tia

if this is the ev world record holder carl reese, this could be interesting...

i would like to see the patent filings, the only ones i've seen when googling had nothing to do with this.

Thing are about to get really interesting.....

Attachments

• patent reciept.jpg
    patent reciept.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 205
  • Disagree
Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
Wow... that's really something. Simply filing for a patent last month?? In case you don't know, that doesn't mean you have a patent. No wonder we couldn't find any actual registered patents with your name or related to autopilot.

It's even more ballsy to start patent trolling people for your "invention" merely based on the fact you filed just a patent. Wow.

If they grant you a patent, it will be at least a few years before you have an actual, enforceable, patent, which I doubt you'd get for a counter-weight, spring, or lever attached to the steering wheel (or some variation thereof). Surely this video from three years ago will server as prior art:

Forget the Google Car, get an S-Class and a Coke

.. as many other similar examples including wk057's comments and this very thread.

When I filed for a software patent in 2010, (which took four years and $$$$$ to get issued), the examiner found several forum posts on my own website to deny certain claims of my patent application. They are extremely thorough in their searching.

.just someone that has invested a ton of money to bring something to the market

If you think you've spent a ton of money already, just wait for the patent application process to suck up lots more.

Finally, just a suggestion -- I think a better way to go would have been "hey wk057, I have a brand new patent application on file for a similar device.. perhaps we can combine our efforts and have a win-win for both of us?"

Upon further review, all you filed was a provisional patent. That's not even a real patent application! That just says "hey, I have this thing here, and someday I'd like to file a real patent application and establish a filing date."

THAT'S IT.

If you don't file a real patent application within one year, you've got bupkis.

You're patent trolling people on a provisional patent app filed six weeks ago. Wow.

Last edited: