Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Battery MAX Range Increase from 254 to 300 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone, First time Post!

Quick background, I have a 2015 P85DL with a little over 78,000 mile on it. The other day i noticed that while driving on the freeway, speed which averages between 78-80 mph, and the usual kwh is anywhere between 350-380. But on that day it was constantly at or above 400 kwh.

With that said, I went ahead and open up a scheduled service call with Tesla, complaining that the car is excessively draining a lot of battery for the given speed to have checked out at a Service Center. Fast forward a day after requesting the service, while driving around town. Within the blink of an eye, i had noticed that my range went from 112 to 134 miles. I felt a little confused.

So when i went home to plug in my car to the wall charger. Using the app to set it at 80% which normally gives me about 207-210 miles of range. Suddenly it increased to 272 miles and max at 302 miles. Initially i couldn't believe my eyes and thought they were playing tricks on me! I kept on sliding the charging slider back and forth just to make sure.

Just wanted to know if anyone has experience something similar?

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H