Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D price drops by $5k after latest package updates...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

fiksegts

Jan 6, 2013
Miami
I reconfigured my current P85D ($132,970k) using the new pricing and it looks like it's $5k cheaper at $128k even...

furthermore, the next gen seats are now $2,500 vs what I paid $3,500 and I don't even have them yet, I expect a $1k refund....

Mine was $2680 more this morning than when I ordered it.

What I ordered was $124320 for my P85D but that included the HWPC and the dual chargers which they removed several days after I ordered making it even more expensive to add that.
If ordered now, it would be $123250 + $2000 for second charger + $750 for hwpc = $126K this morning making the exact same car $1680. However, I also paid for rear next gen seats I didn't get which I'm due a rebate for $1000 or installation of the rear next gen seats but I'm being told now that the rear next gen seats won't actually happen.

My P85D config went up by $1530.... just about everything but the rear facing seats and standard 19" wheels.
The base price went down but the Executive rear seats, smart air suspension, premium Interior package and Destination and Doc fees went up.
I suspect there will be more changes to the S by the time I am ready to order at the end of this year.

I reconfigured my current P85D ($132,970k) using the new pricing and it looks like it's $5k cheaper at $128k even...

furthermore, the next gen seats are now $2,500 vs what I paid $3,500 and I don't even have them yet, I expect a $1k refund....

Are you accounting for the fact that they now break out the $1200 destination and doc fee separately now in the Design Studio? It used to be included in the base price.

My nearly fully loaded P85D only dropped $1750, from $135,500 to $133,700 when accounting for the dest and doc fee.

When considering the lack of Nex Gen rears at $1000, it only dropped $750.

EDIT:
Bah, looks like the yacht floor isn't included anymore, so +$900 for that and my total price actually went up $150.

It's hard keeping up with all of the config changes. :)

Last edited:
Are you accounting for the fact that they now break out the $1200 destination and doc fee separately now in the Design Studio? It used to be included in the base price.

My nearly fully loaded P85D only dropped $1250, from $135k to $133.7k, when accounting for the dest and doc fee.

When considering the lack of Nex Gen rears at $1000, it only dropped $250.

Ahh. No your right. I did not catch that. My $124320 included the destination and now the $126K doesn't.

So mine went up by $3880 if you don't count my due rear next gen seats or my rebate due for not getting them.

Adding $100 for the next gen seats and taxes in here in CA, it would cost me $5368 more to order it now than last month when I did.

ok, so dual chargers isn't an option or it's now included?
They moved this option to the "accessories" page instead of the design studio which I think is a ridiculous place for anything that requires time in the shop to fit.
I agree with moving the HPWC to the accessories section, that made sense as it can't be installed in the factory, but the second charger should be in the design studio.

(My definition of accessories is anything they can put in a box and send to you to deal with yourself separately from the car, if they won't ship it to you and allow you to install it yourself, it should be in the design studio (and possibly ALSO somewhere for aftermarket))

I just compared my P85D, ordered in March to the new one and come up with $850 less now, but mine came with the centre console included so it is really a wash, as nearly as I can see. I'm sure there may be a detail or two included/excluded that i am not seeing right now.

I just compared my P85D, ordered in March to the new one and come up with $850 less now, but mine came with the centre console included so it is really a wash, as nearly as I can see. I'm sure there may be a detail or two included/excluded that i am not seeing right now.

The new ones don't have fog/cornering lights, lighted door handles, and power liftgate as part of the tech package; they're now part of the premium package (for $5000), so if you had the tech package then you'd be losing out on those features now unless you bump up the price.

I'm still trying to do the maths for my configuration and I think I come out ahead sticking with the "old" pricing given that they've moved some stuff around.