Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D sighting / test drives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I added another banana for scale.

IMG_20141216_203400.jpg

I've only ever used my frunk for two things, because it's so damn inconvenient to close:

1. My gym bag, so it doesn't smell up the car.
2. Once a year when we go on a long family car trip and need to haul more stuff.

For the second, we'll either have to pack lighter now or buy the roof rails and carrier to get that space back.

I've only ever used my frunk for two things, because it's so damn inconvenient to close:

1. My gym bag, so it doesn't smell up the car.
2. Once a year when we go on a long family car trip and need to haul more stuff.

For the second, we'll either have to pack lighter now or buy the roof rails and carrier to get that space back.
Its the second point here that would be an "issue" for me as well. In 98% of the time its a non-issue, but having that extra space when really packing heavily would have been nice.

BUT, I am more than willing to sacrifice it for the AWD and performance. Its just that I wasnt expecting it to eat so much of the frunk to be honest. Thought it would eat the microwave only...

How many bananas do you eat in Norway? The frunk looked big enough for at least 100 - 150 bananas when I saw it live in San Diego.

When I had a drive along in San Diego Sunday a week ago, the only thing I really noticed was the crazy (insane) acceleration. Hats of to all the descriptions in here of the different test drives, I can only confirm each and every one of them although they all describe different feelings. It is just an instant feeling of joy and fear when you ride shotgun the first time.

Look at the face of this Swedish journalist riding shotgun at the Tesla P85D european launch in Berlin - http://mobil.svd.se/naringsliv/svep...ta-ar-bilen-hela-varlden-talar-om_svd-4100563

You may not understand Swedish, but the face says it all. Just before the first 0-60, look how he brases him self, and then launch! I think I must have looked the same.

Looking forward to receiving the p85d on the first batch coming to Europe

I just got back from my test drive in Seattle. Did not see an option to turn off TC, but there is a "slip start" button for getting yourself out of mud/ice.

The 0-60 improvement is nice, but I don't think it's worth the 25k loss to upgrade. I'm not made of money though :)

One reason to buy is the performance but in my neck of the woods AWD is very helpful 3-4 months out of the year and was my #1 reason for getting a D.

FrenchBlue_zps5be8dca4.jpg

I spotted this P85D in the back portion of the Fremont showroom today. It appears to be custom paint, not a wrap. The color looks like French racing blue.

No one was able to tell me how it came into being or what I would have to do to get a custom paint color for my P85D. I'm VERY curious.