Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D sighting / test drives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uh Oh,

Really hoping I'll fit. Didn't get a chance to try them out in a demo car before.

Otherwise I guess I'll just have to go on a diet (or trade them for the performance seats).

most are being built with the Performance Seats anyway and swapped later. I can tell you in 6'4" and 250lbs (muscular build) and when I sat in them they fit perfectly. At 420lbs though...I guess that you would feel a little restricted - my guess is it wouldnt be a great experience because of the extra support in the wrong places.

I am 6' and 240 pounds. The Next Gen seats that I did my P85D test drive in fit me perfectly.
I take a 38" waist pant for reference and usually take XL in my shirts, sweatshirts, etc.
My wife who is a size 8 5' 3" and 120 pounds, said that she fit perfectly in them. There is some nice lumbar
support adjustment as well.

We sat in an S60 in the showroom which had the original, non-performance seats.
They were nice in front but the Next Gen are more comfortable and bolstered.
The S60 rear seats were not so good however, especially the location of how the
head rests would meet your head. The newer performance rear seats in the P85D (Not next Gen)
have a taller headrest and were more comfortable for sure.

I am 6' and 240 pounds. The Next Gen seats that I did my P85D test drive in fit me perfectly.
I take a 38" waist pant for reference and usually take XL in my shirts, sweatshirts, etc.
My wife who is a size 8 5' 3" and 120 pounds, said that she fit perfectly in them. There is some nice lumbar
support adjustment as well.

We sat in an S60 in the showroom which had the original, non-performance seats.
They were nice in front but the Next Gen are more comfortable and bolstered.
The S60 rear seats were not so good however, especially the location of how the
head rests would meet your head. The newer performance rear seats in the P85D (Not next Gen)
have a taller headrest and were more comfortable for sure.

thank you for the information!

Just noticing the different impressions of insane mode. I Think that for many people, if you're driving the car it is not necessarily as impressive. As observed in one of the reviews, being a passenger is a whole other thing. Maybe it's related to the same effect that causes when you're driving (or flying) you tend to be less likely to feel nausea. I've noticed with my P85+ that when trying to Demonstrate the acceleration I would sometimes feel as if there was something wrong with it and that the passenger was not impressed, only to find that in some cases they were actually feeling uncomfortable with the amount of acceleration (and or loving it). My brother claimed I had given him whiplash. The odd time I've been a passenger in a P85 I found the acceleration much more noticeable so I'm assuming the D will be even more so.

Sighted a silver P85D at the Tesla parking in Tyson's Corner Virginia mall. Guess it is destined for the store though they cannot give test drives from this store. VIN: 62398

B5biEy3CAAAyKg1.jpg

I was very concerned about the whole nausea thing.
I tend to get seasick in a jacuzzi tub.....always take dramamine before a flight.
I have had no problems whatsoever in 2 days of playing with the car. Granted most of the time I have been driving, but even as a passenger for a few brisk runs, I did not feel sick to my stomach.

Had my test drive this weekend. Quite a difference with awd and extra horsepower than our signature model. Tesla keeps improving at every step of the way. From a standing stop, I floored it and couldn't break traction. Acceleration is quite significant. Simply an amazing car.

Not that I'm aware of. It's not an advertised offering, and for awhile tesla stopped offering it.

Wow, that is the first I have even heard of being able to get it unless you are some special person. Last I had heard the orange and green ones were special one offs in which they were also seeing how bad it would be to stop the line, pull your car off, send it to some other paint factory, and then bring it back, stop the line, put your car on, and finish building. It was apparently such a disruption of the flow that they said they wouldn't do it ever again.

Maybe with the new final assembly line and other changes in the factory it isn't so bad anymore to pull your car off the line and send it off to get a custom color. If I ever order another I am telling them I want an orange one :D

This is very interesting..

But this lower number is due solely to an odd new EPA procedure that slaps a 10-percent range penalty on any electric car that has driver-adjustable charge settings. (Don’t ask.)Cars certified under the old procedure, like the S85, get to keep their higher range figures.
Comparing apples to apples, the P85D actually has an old-EPA range of 269 miles, four more than the standard S85.