Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85DL is the Ultimate CPO Model S Unicorn. Opinions???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if you could call this a unicorn or not, but folks who like RWD cars would probably enjoy the P85+ with AP1. Very few of these were made in late 2014, basically right at the end of P85/P85+ production (but after AP1 hardware started being included on the cars). Plus suspension on the only RWD performance Model S, AP1, and the original, cavernous frunk.

Bruce.
Yup, That's my car. Still the best car Tesla has ever made (IMO)

Reactions: bmah
Another member I know has a Unicorn P85D+ that he is considering upgrading to Ludicrous. Since his car is white, I suggested that his P85DL+ would not be considered a Unicorn but, rather, a "Yeti."
Tesla discontinued P85D Ludicrous upgrades few weeks ago. SC's can no longer order the upgrade kits (search here, someone scheduled an upgrade and only then the SC found out it's no longer availavle). That retrofit upgrade was supposed to be a limited time, 6-month duration offer and they did it for over 1.5 years, so way longer than originally announced.

was fortunate enough to buy, a CPO P85DL
Nice ride - congrats.
jacksdavim said:
I find that the original autopilot more than suits my needs and outperforms the later version in most situations.
Recently had an S100D loaner to compare to my 2015 MS - AP1.0 beat the new AP in all but one respect - AP2.5 'sees' across intersections better (less of the 'wobble' as AP gets it's bearings). So other than the heated steering wheel and current seats, I know I made the right choice with the CPO 2015.

Yup, That's my car. Still the best car Tesla has ever made (IMO)

The only two Model S variants I've driven (so far) are the 85D (test drive plus my car) and the P85+ (two service loaners). While I like my 85D (and for me it's the best Model S variant), I thought the P85+ was fun to drive. If I were somehow in the market for another Model S, I'd look for a P85+/AP1. So I found it interesting to see in your sig that you own exactly that combination of cars! :)

Bruce.