Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90DL doesn't accelerate past 85MPH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd almost like to turn that on in my S with a user controlled speed.

My 2003 Saab 9-3 had a speed warning that would sound an audible at whatever you set it to. I know you can use cruise control but often on my commute home I like to actually drive and this car is is quick so looking down I usually see 88 mph unintentionally.

Feature request: user controlled speed warning/limit that can easily be changed/disabled without a password in the event of a true need to ever go that fast.

I have a loaner that is limited to 80mph. Happy to have it, but it is weird to feel the power drop off right as you hit 80mph. Of course I have cars climbing all over my backside in the carpool lane with no place to go. I am one of those who doesn't cross the double yellow lines, and welcomes removing all double yellows, as they impede the logic of being able to judge when it is best to enter and exit a carpool lane.

With LA traffic, you often need more than ¾ mile to get from the car pool lane to your exit. Sigh, sorry, off topic.

Feature request: user controlled speed warning/limit that can easily be changed/disabled without a password in the event of a true need to ever go that fast.
I've heard various damned Canadians other fer'ners asking for them new-fangled speed-limiters. If God (Elon) had meant us to limit our speed he wouldn't have created the MS (In The Beginning) with a top speed of 155. ;););)

Yup, it was an inventory car - good call. I'll give them a call tomorrow, thank you!
Just call the 800 number and speak to Tech support folks, Our 2014 inventory car had the limit turned on when we bought it. They were able to remove the limit over the air while we sat in the car. It was surreal, the tech on the phone said please pull over and stop the car, it won't let me update it while it's moving, we stopped at the next exit, pulled into a lot, and he made the change in just a few seconds. The car has been flawless since. Enjoy your ride!

I have a loaner that is limited to 80mph. Happy to have it, but it is weird to feel the power drop off right as you hit 80mph. Of course I have cars climbing all over my backside in the carpool lane with no place to go. I am one of those who doesn't cross the double yellow lines, and welcomes removing all double yellows, as they impede the logic of being able to judge when it is best to enter and exit a carpool lane.

With LA traffic, you often need more than ¾ mile to get from the car pool lane to your exit. Sigh, sorry, off topic.

Interesting did not know that. Was wondering why I couldn't get pass 80 on that loaner

You can get it to lock in at 82mph if you can find a good hill.

I'd almost like to turn that on in my S with a user controlled speed.

My 2003 Saab 9-3 had a speed warning that would sound an audible at whatever you set it to. I know you can use cruise control but often on my commute home I like to actually drive and this car is is quick so looking down I usually see 88 mph unintentionally.

That must be annoying, having to time travel back to the point just after you sped up to 88 MPH. Be careful, you don't want temporal security after you ;)

Reactions: JPUConn