Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Northwest Owners (Seattle, Portland, or towns/cities in the region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the offer? I reached out to PSE a couple of months back to see if they had any offers/rates for EV owners and the reply I got back was, "no, not at this time"...

www.pse.com/pages/electric-cars/ev-home-charger-program/

its pretty much buried, I ran into a fb comment and had to track it down. went through the process will end up paying about $200 for a non tesla l2 juicebox charger to be installed, compared to a 14-50 outlet in the same place without the program, which had estimates from $1500-1000.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
All has been good?
Yup. No issues whatsoever. I can't remember if I submitted a form online or printed it out and mailed it in. Wasn't more than a month before we got a check though.

Also, I believe there was a state sales tax exemption for EV charging infrastructure installation going on at the same time. Would have to dig it up to confirm that though.

We just happened to get the then new daisy-chain capable HPWC. Had an issue with the electrician using too small a wire for the 100amp circuit we put it on, but I was checking their work and they corrected it. Fortunately for them it was only a couple fee of wire as the HPWC is literally right next to our panel. Probably wouldn't have ever been an issue though as the car can only pull 72amps. I was trying to accommodate any older S with the "dual charger" 80amp option in case a friend needed it or something. That and I mistakenly thought the daisy chain feature was for power too. :rolleyes::p:cool:

So, I bought and installed an HPWC prior to knowing this. When I clicked on an earlier posters link, the program appeared limited to a generic L2 charger. Is that not true, meaning the rebate can apply to the HPWC I installed?
Are you referring to ralph142's post about the PSE EV charger program?

If so, this is different. One is through PSE, this is a state program. I don't know who you'd take the form to to get a refund. Maybe Tesla and whomever installed it? I'm not a CPA though. Maybe one will chime in.

Are you referring to ralph142's post about the PSE EV charger program?

If so, this is different. One is through PSE, this is a state program. I don't know who you'd take the form to to get a refund. Maybe Tesla and whomever installed it? I'm not a CPA though. Maybe one will chime in.
Yes, I was referring to @ralph142 PSE post. Looking forward to learning more about the state program.

Whidbey Island, WA here. Hope to be picking up our new Model 3 next Wednesday! Pearl White, white/black interior, dual motor, long range, with sport wheels. Tesla is giving us a pretty sweet deal on trading in our older Model S.
What part of Whidbey? You probably already know about all the charging spots, like Island Athletic Club in Freeland has a Tesla destination charger.

With a LR, charging is not much of an issue.

Went to PDX tonight to pick up a friend flying in. I came across the EV chargers and saw 5 Model Ss lined up side by side. I ended up parking around the corner, leave the spot for someone who needs it... On the way out I saw a white Model S that looked exactly like mine. It's been a while since I've seen that many Model Ss in one place.

What part of Whidbey? You probably already know about all the charging spots, like Island Athletic Club in Freeland has a Tesla destination charger.

With a LR, charging is not much of an issue.

There are several destination EV charging stations here in Oak Harbor including 2 downtown. Picked up our new Model 3 yesterday! Driving home to Oak Harbor I was most impressed with the comfort of the seats compared to our trade in Model S with gen 1 seats.