Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Northwest Owners (Seattle, Portland, or towns/cities in the region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a recommendation for an electrician to install gen 3 wall connector in the mill creek wa area? Thanks
I was getting $1500+ quotes from standard electricians two years ago. at the time the free charger program washinton had used puget sound solar as a contractor for installs. I called them directly and although they were booked up a cancellation opened a slot. My install was simple. opposite unfinished garage wall from the breaker panel which had open slots. $650 including permit. I provided the materials & routed the wire so all they had to do was hookup and permit. They were great to work with.

Anybody want to share their percent increase in electric bill after adding Tesla to the mix? I got an email from pse saying that Im projected to see an 86% increase in next bill. My electric bill isnt very high so this isnt as bad as it sounds. Just wondering if those of you that have had a full month of charging can give a good estimate. For me, no matter what, it will be far less than I was spending on gas/mo.

Anybody want to share their percent increase in electric bill after adding Tesla to the mix? I got an email from pse saying that Im projected to see an 86% increase in next bill. My electric bill isnt very high so this isnt as bad as it sounds. Just wondering if those of you that have had a full month of charging can give a good estimate. For me, no matter what, it will be far less than I was spending on gas/mo.

It really depends on how much you drive, how much you pay, etc.

For me I don't drive much, a couple hundred miles a month, I probably see $11/mo at ~$0.078/KwH

• Informative
Reactions: paramer

I had a M3 for two plus years and never saw a noticable increase. I now have a Plaid and MYP, and do expect to see the rates go up as there is 182k/W of battery storage now sipping power off of two HPWCs (Gen 2).

The rates vary from place to place. Here in Clark Co, WA it's $0.08/KWH. I work from home so I'm not commuting anywhere, but I haven't been able to see the difference in my bill. Variations in air conditioning/heating use are bigger than the impact from the car charging. Even though we have gas heat, running the fans takes more energy than the car.

From my usage I calculated the car is costing me about $12/month. In these days of wildly varying gas prices it makes it easy to budget fuel for the car. It's always $0.08/KWH. It's been that since 2016 when I got my car. I don't know if it's my driving or the car or something in the firmware that improved, but my car has also gotten more efficient over time.

I got the MCU2 upgrade back in April. Before switching my lifetime WH/Mi was 304 or 305 and it had been coming down over time. The last two winters it only went up a little. Since switching my lifetime WH/Mi is 266. I thought it might be my driving, but my partner was driving it for a while when she loaned her car to a friend for a month. She's used to driving her Subaru, but her Wh/Mi were around 270.

BTW if anyone in the NW is interested the Oregon Tesla club (TOOR, which also covers SW WA) is heading over to the Hood River area for the HR Fruit Loop on the 23rd. Anybody out that way can join us.

The rates vary from place to place. Here in Clark Co, WA it's $0.08/KWH. I work from home so I'm not commuting anywhere, but I haven't been able to see the difference in my bill. Variations in air conditioning/heating use are bigger than the impact from the car charging. Even though we have gas heat, running the fans takes more energy than the car.

From my usage I calculated the car is costing me about $12/month. In these days of wildly varying gas prices it makes it easy to budget fuel for the car. It's always $0.08/KWH. It's been that since 2016 when I got my car. I don't know if it's my driving or the car or something in the firmware that improved, but my car has also gotten more efficient over time.

I got the MCU2 upgrade back in April. Before switching my lifetime WH/Mi was 304 or 305 and it had been coming down over time. The last two winters it only went up a little. Since switching my lifetime WH/Mi is 266. I thought it might be my driving, but my partner was driving it for a while when she loaned her car to a friend for a month. She's used to driving her Subaru, but her Wh/Mi were around 270.

BTW if anyone in the NW is interested the Oregon Tesla club (TOOR, which also covers SW WA) is heading over to the Hood River area for the HR Fruit Loop on the 23rd. Anybody out that way can join us.
$.10- $.11 here.

There are two types of legal systems. Those that permit anything that isn't explicitly prohibited and those that prohibit anything until allowed by statute. Washington allows anything that isn't clearly banned, but it looks like Washington has spelled that out in the RCWs. Line 7a clearly prohibits them.

I drove in SoCal for a decade without a front license plate and it’s illegal there also. My wife’s car has no front plate and we moved here 2 years ago, no issues. I’m probably not going to stick the front license plate on the MYP either. Luckily for me Seattle PD is non existent so I’m not too worried about a ticket. If I lived in Bellevue I’d be more scared

I drove in SoCal for a decade without a front license plate and it’s illegal there also. My wife’s car has no front plate and we moved here 2 years ago, no issues. I’m probably not going to stick the front license plate on the MYP either. Luckily for me Seattle PD is non existent so I’m not too worried about a ticket. If I lived in Bellevue I’d be more scared
I'm not sure about during the pandemic, but people frequently have been ticketed for this parking on city streets in Seattle.

This topic comes up ALL THE TIME in the local Facebook group and I always cringe when I see the "I've been doing this for years and never got a ticket" posts because they aren't really indicative of what anyone else might experience. People's driving habits vary so much and sure, if you live out in the country and rarely park in a city, you aren't going to get a ticket, but that isn't necessarily going to be the case for everyone.

I also don't understand why so many people have an issue complying with the law and just putting the damn license plate on, but perhaps that is a different topic :)

I'm not sure about during the pandemic, but people frequently have been ticketed for this parking on city streets in Seattle.

This topic comes up ALL THE TIME in the local Facebook group and I always cringe when I see the "I've been doing this for years and never got a ticket" posts because they aren't really indicative of what anyone else might experience. People's driving habits vary so much and sure, if you live out in the country and rarely park in a city, you aren't going to get a ticket, but that isn't necessarily going to be the case for everyone.

I also don't understand why so many people have an issue complying with the law and just putting the damn license plate on, but perhaps that is a different topic :)

I don't get it either. I know some people like the aesthetic of a no license plate front, but it doesn't make much difference to my eye, and why have the possibility of getting a ticket always hanging over your head?