Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Smudge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

It's on the right side of the handle. You can barely see it. I only noticed it because I was super close when I was wiping down the car.

jLDJHFgiapqckgKcRJVrLBeebNmOw9E68YgoZr93pDtPqd_2gNeVewm2BYbhyJThRzpUABT2oRzbnfSABe9OO56aLwRWrzPjSGxM4C4nkKw5L26kjBK1ZGNx3l5flAwdQKUWr5LXK08JmW-kLkejvyiV13ULPAtlKfApf5MCDDK3dfa0nmGC99zeYzOeHJB18tv_s9wzwqNsRnZkwwlqvkbe4U_kV9SZIhIoZKFz5Wp_qN7r82M6n3bVrLqOL-dUB9CFUtiqS6pMH1J-U_7V03Znq-jhntsxws-4hukx1KsWBGfKsrKMOv-64es6nCSSJqQ3ZtshCQe5Riu9CvmIY3-Bn_BbMS5DdzpoAMVsGAyZTRlBKFcRoGx5oW3Da6YJ4oYm_QGKl4KjutKEH3c1j-qOB6LE5GVoLlNi04P9_CnxcbpSPtPcfPL5PnCL567gm3FlT9xl3YLsspGX-jM8YUuyvDRRQtyKsvRr6rDTbpqchbrJsjkxaFAv-ksy3Lqra4b4CxU9egR-gkqIpd0uRy5UFK5i93fRdnVCv-Xzk8QJEHGQ1tE0w4z7n0xiy6FkmBBFzkFv6UP6fdN8Zn1Wu4lLSPYXzybc1cHR6xpI=w1632-h918-no

Your smudge looks different than mine, but Tesla did fix mine, and I’m happy with the results. I think the risk is that they sub paint work out to a local autobody shop, so the quality of the work is dependent on that shop. If you’re lucky, the repair will be undetectable, but if you’re not, you could have a door that doesn’t quite match the rest of the car. You’ll have to decide whether the smudge bothers you enough to roll the dice... good luck!

Light patch on paint just showed up today!

Someone else posted their results where their fender ended up not matching:

[URL="https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/2707684/"]Another poor visit with Tesla Service.[/URL]

Your smudge looks different than mine, but Tesla did fix mine, and I’m happy with the results. I think the risk is that they sub paint work out to a local autobody shop, so the quality of the work is dependent on that shop. If you’re lucky, the repair will be undetectable, but if you’re not, you could have a door that doesn’t quite match the rest of the car. You’ll have to decide whether the smudge bothers you enough to roll the dice... good luck!

Light patch on paint just showed up today!

Someone else posted their results where their fender ended up not matching:

Another poor visit with Tesla Service.
I think I'll just bring it in and ask them what they plan on doing to fix it and I'll decide then. I live pretty close to the service center so it's worth chatting to them about it at least.