Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano roof and doors and snow/ice, any problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Sorry for starting so many threads. If the asked questions have already been answered, please point them out. (I of course search first).

I would really like the pano roof since I really need the head room, at least in the back seat (I have a long torso and short legs for being 6'1").
But I live in Sweden and we do get snow/ice. It's not the weight of the snow I'm worried about. It's about raining (or snow melting) and freezing.
Think like this, it's raining and the car gets soaking wet. Before it dries up, it freezes. Or in the spring, snow melt on the car roof and then it freezes again before drying.
Will this cause issues with the pano roof? Or the doors for that matter?
Anyone with experience of this kind of weather with a Model S?

Last edited:
I’m guessing it's just some bad timing. It seems three quarters of the forum is pretty much up in arms about the recent accident, and the other quarter are busy moving some greenbacks due to said accident and the recent US gov. shutdown debacle.

Guessing again that you might get some more feedback once it has settled down a bit.

But don’t you think though that it would be quite a significant omission on Tesla’s part if the sunroof and doors couldn’t handle a Swedish winter? Every other car with a sunroof and frameless windows seems to be able to…

Last edited:
I will install a 400v threephase 16 ampere for charging in the garage. Meaning the car will always be there overnight. Pretty sure there are no issues with doorhandles and panoroof that would not affect a volvo etc. If there are issues they will have to fix it.. ;-) ordering a p85 with all options. Still arguing with myself if to go +...

Canadian cars didn't seem to have a problem with the doors last winter. I believe it was posted that 3-4 mm of ice would be no problem. I can't recall reading anyone mentioning opening the pano roof when it's covered with snow and ice. I'm curious as to why anyone would want to. Wouldn't that just dump snow into the interior?