Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parcel Shelf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had to drop off my car at Menlo with a blown charging unit. Technician drove me home, and there was the parcel shelf waiting on the doorstep. Oh the irony... It's sitting in the garage now waiting for the rest of the car.

Not that I'm sure I'll use it though. Haven't really missed it, especially since I got the rear facing seats installed... doh.

I haven't noticed a significant reduction in road noise and unfortunately no significant reduction in pressure buffeting as others have claimed. That being said, I am happy that it blocks visibility into the trunk, so I no longer need to hide items in the frunk!

Got our parcel shelf today. Smell minor but not bad. Set it outside for the night. There was an interesting note with the shelf package. It warned of strong magnetic fields. I poked around with a magnet and sure enough there is a fairly strong magnet in the ledge inside the car where the parcel shelf sits. Oddly, there does not seem to be a corresponding magnet or steel area on the parcel shelf itself where it would sit on the ledge. Anyone have any ideas what's up with that?

Has anybody received a parcel shelf recently that does have the magnetic latch? Wondering if this is just a manufacturing defect, or if it's part of the new design.

I decided it was time to call Tesla Ownership Experience about my parcel shelf. Found out my parcel shelf had already been delivered by Fed Ex to my address, but in Santa Monica, CA instead of Marietta, GA. Really glad I called, because who knows how long it would take if ever, before they figured that out.

has it been confirmed that the parcel shelf does in fact fit behind the third row seat when the third-row seats are set up?

Yes, one of our club members, kvietor, demonstrated it to me recently.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Got our parcel shelf today. Smell minor but not bad. Set it outside for the night. There was an interesting note with the shelf package. It warned of strong magnetic fields. I poked around with a magnet and sure enough there is a fairly strong magnet in the ledge inside the car where the parcel shelf sits. Oddly, there does not seem to be a corresponding magnet or steel area on the parcel shelf itself where it would sit on the ledge. Anyone have any ideas what's up with that?

Received my shelf today.

Minor "new car" smell. I had my wife check it, she's got a better sniffer than me, and she agrees. Not objectionable.

Like you I noticed a strong magnet in the car's ledge, but not in the parcel shelf itself.

Larry

Larry, When did you get your car? Tesla says they are shipping the parcel shelves more or less in the order of car delivery with all of them to be delivered by the end of April. I just want an idea of where I am in the que. My car came on Feb 28th.

More or less in order of delivery, mostly less. :wink:

It looks mostly random to me. My car is a Signature and I received delivery of it on December 6th. I know of two of our club members who have General Production cars who have received the shelf. One received it before me, one on the same day.

Larry

I decided it was time to call Tesla Ownership Experience about my parcel shelf. Found out my parcel shelf had already been delivered by Fed Ex to my address, but in Santa Monica, CA instead of Marietta, GA. Really glad I called, because who knows how long it would take if ever, before they figured that out.

I talked to my service center yesterday and asked in passing about my missing parcel shelf. My car is VIN 118, so I figured I should have one by now. Luke looked it up on the computer and found a ship date of several weeks ago and a tracking number. Mystery solved: they sent mine to some unsuspecting soul in Orlando. :rolleyes:

Mine arrived. Anyone want to buy mine?
Mine hasn't arrived yet... anyone want to buy mine when it does? :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

has it been confirmed that the parcel shelf does in fact fit behind the third row seat when the third-row seats are set up?
I see that there were posts after yours stating that it was confirmed, but does anybody have any pictures of that? :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

More or less in order of delivery, mostly less. :wink:
It looks mostly random to me. My car is a Signature and I received delivery of it on December 6th.
I got my car on 12/1/12 & it is not a sig and I have not received my parcel shelf yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I talked to my service center yesterday and asked in passing about my missing parcel shelf. My car is VIN 118, so I figured I should have one by now. Luke looked it up on the computer and found a ship date of several weeks ago and a tracking number. Mystery solved: they sent mine to some unsuspecting soul in Orlando. :rolleyes:
Orlando, Colorado... just a few letters off!
You never know where your bags will end up!

Last edited by a moderator: