Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl White Standard Paint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow my config dropped ~$2k...rushed to buy before gov tax credit dropped even though my BMW lease isn't up until September...a little frustrating...but I have Homelink, car is awesome, and my build would still not be eligible for the new PA rebate limits...so I'll live.

But Elon did say no further price drops..blah

I feel like this does not do Tesla any favors. It just builds ill will among those of us who just bought Teslas.

Like oh look, it costs you ~$5K less to buy the same car you bought 10 days ago? THAT feels like a fun surprise.

FWIW my exact config is $8000 less today than when I bought Q3/18. Of course I got a $5625 larger tax credit than a buyer today will, and I've saved roughly $2000 in gas over the time I've had it...and I don't have to pay another $300 to add homelink after the fact... and I got the $14 phone cables and the $35 14-50 adapter all of which I use daily....so net cost for getting to drive an excellent car for about 10 months compared to "waiting" for it be cheaper turns out to be... $26.

Oh, wait, I also paid $200 less destination charge.... so I suppose I'm actually $174 ahead versus having waited...

Oh, wait, again.... I also got lifetime free premium connectivity- which means if they ever actually get around to charging new buyers for that I come out even further ahead...

Just some perspective before the flood of "early model 3 buyers got screwed" posts that usually follow these price cuts.

(for some more perspective on that talk to a P100D(L) buyer who paid 132k earlier this year and you can now get the upgraded motor and suspension version of the same car under 100k)