Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perforated Seats with AP2 (X60D) - did such a config ever exist?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m hunting for a 6 seater, used with this config and attempting to determine if there was ever a period during which such a car might have been manufactured.

Perforated seats, AP2, ideally 60kWh capacity.

Do you know if they exist?
When did the perforated seats cease production?

When did AP2 commence?

How about 60kWh spec sunset?

From the archived CPO/Inventory data from Tesla sales, I see 8 X60Ds with AP2 sold -- I see 7 in the US and one in Norway.

None with Perforated seats.

I didn't look to see when Perf seats came in/out, but that doesn't mean cars with your config don't exist, but I think it would be pretty rare if they exist at all.

Here are the VINs for the 8 X60Ds/AP2 to give you an idea of the range:

| 5YJXCBE2XHF011788
| 5YJXCBE22GF023724
| 5YJXCAE24GF024318
| 5YJXCCE26GF025403
| 5YJXCDE28HF026138
| 5YJXCDE28GF026400
| 5YJXCAE26HF027240
| 5YJXCBE2XHF029689

AP2 started around VIN 025000, but there is A LOT of overlap between AP1 and AP2.

I upgraded from my P85 2013 Pre-AP MS and purchased a used, 2016, MX AP2, 60D with perforated seats. Vin 15XXX about two months ago. I upgraded it to a 75D because the previous owner had already paid for it, but never got the software push from Tesla for it. Unbelievable. Apparently they traded in the car after only 12k miles or so because they didn't "get" all the technology. It was the only one out there with this combination that I could find in the entire US.

Yes, AP2 Model Xs were manufactured in Q4/2016-Q1/2017 with perforated seats (Premium Upgrades Package cars). This included 6-seater, of course, though ventilation is always only in the front seats in all the models.

I am sure of this: I have a Q4/2016 ordered, Q1/2017 built Model X with AP2, perforated/ventilated seats, 6-seater.

Perforated seats with ventilation launched with Model X in 2015, if I recall, so their start date is not an issue here.

AP2 started manufacturing in Q4/2016, perforated seats were discontinued for new orders in early Q1/2017, so Q1/2017 built perforated seat cars were mostly cars ordered in Q4/2016 that missed in-quarter building (e.g. international batching) or ordered very early in Q1/2017.

The 60 kWh Model X OTOH was discontinued in early October, 2016 - a week before Autopilot 2 was announced and around the time their building started, so that is kind of an unicorn. Some might even only have "AP1" software enabled, if the owner did not later pay for EAP/FSD, but did pay the original Autopilot 1 price when ordering (fully software upgradeable of course).

Any AP2 60 kWh cars that do exist - and yes, they do exist - were ordered either in Q3/2016 or very early in Q4/2016, and had such suitably delayed timing that they were build with AP2. If they had the Premium Upgrades Package ordered, they had perforated/ventilated seats. That's the only question, did the buyers order the option or not. For the base model it may be rarer than usual.

Yes, AP2 Model Xs were manufactured in Q4/2016-Q1/2017 with perforated seats (Premium Upgrades Package cars). This included 6-seater, of course, though ventilation is always only in the front seats in all the models.

Any AP2 60 kWh cars that do exist - and yes, they do exist - were ordered either in Q3/2016 or very early in Q4/2016, and had such suitably delayed timing that they were build with AP2. If they had the Premium Upgrades Package ordered, they had perforated/ventilated seats. That's the only question, did the buyers order the option or not. For the base model it may be rarer than usual.

Thanks forum gurus, you’re the best!

Appreciate the detailed information. My search will continue (now expanded to Q4 16 / Q1 17, X60/75, 6 seat, AP2, PUP, cold weather)

Reactions: AnxietyRanger