Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance or FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a 2019 Model 3 LRAWD w/ AB and FSD, I sold it and this time went with the Model Y Performance w/o FSD. Personally the current price of 10K isn't worth the product that is being delivered. I just didn't find it 10K useful in my Model 3, I believe the Autopilot will be plenty for my personal use.

Reactions: ucsdsig
Performance + Enhanced Autopilot should be just what the doctor ordered, then subscribe to FSD when it becomes usable in the real world. I am seriously contemplating trading my 2020 MY LR with FSD for a 2023 MYP late next year.

At $200 a month for the subscription it would take just over 4 years for the initial $10K investment to payoff. Right now FSD is really only useful on the highway and even then the only real enhancement I use is the ability to change lanes without turning off autopilot. So I plan to only purchase the subscription in months where I plan to do a lot of highway driving, like when I’m going on vacation. So if I have the subscription for less than half of the year the payback period really becomes more than 8 years. Who knows when FSD will be fully functioning, but it’s gonna be at least months maybe years. Also if you trade your vehicle in to Tesla when you are ready to buy another you don’t get any credit for having the $10K add on. The MYP comes with real equipment differences that would potentially give you additional salvage value on the back end.

Reactions: TwelveVoltMan