Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Plus Package now available as option or retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are feeling body roll? How hard are you hitting corners? 13,500 is a lot for tweaks and tires no? The performance package seems like a steal now with the inverter and interior perks. We are talking what like 120k now? I'm not knocking it as I'm sure it's fun to drive, but I was hoping the retrofit would be cheaper.

I'm not complaining.... but I would like to point out that I was not aware of a release date for P+. Had I been aware, I'd likely have gone the extra time to get Red and P+ as the P+ would have pushed me over the edge. That being said, I am perfectly happy with what I own and I will get a bushing solution under the car at some point.

as for the bars and dampers, I'm actually ok with the shock valving and spring rates and really do not want the head snatch that H. Mees talks about with thicker bars (as I do not see roll as a problem).

Really? People put M5 suspension parts on 5 Series cars all the time.

I think we need to cut Tesla some slack here. They are severely limited by federal regulation on stability control systems. There may be things at play here that simply prevent them from properly retrofitting previous production with the complete package. Being forced to move people with 21s to the new tire/wheel package alone costs a pretty penny. Tesla would not do that if they were not driven to.

I think a big issue with "body roll" is what is actually rolling. My body is sliding all over the place in spirited cornering as the bolstering of the seat is simply lacking. I'm often bracing myself on the center armrest because of this. Even if the P+ car is cornering flatter, it is doing so faster, so I still think cornering momentum will cause one to slide about in their seat just as much. My point is: the sensation I get of body roll in the current suspension may also be coming from lack of driver seat bolstering.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I think a big issue with "body roll" is what is actually rolling. My body is sliding all over the place in spirited cornering as the bolstering of the seat is simply lacking. I'm often bracing myself on the center armrest because of this. Even if the P+ car is cornering flatter, it is doing so faster, so I still think cornering momentum will cause one to slide about in their seat just as much. My point is: the sensation I get of body roll in the current suspension may also be coming from lack of driver seat bolstering.

reat h

Well said. As a e93 BMW M3 owner I can tell you that our MS will never be a light nimble corner carver, however it is a great handling car for a 4700 lb car. IMO get rid of the 19" wheels and poor performance goodyear tires, if you want handling. I did and it was night and day!

I just want the inverter..... Do you think that will ever happen?

john

I don't have my car yet, so it's difficult for me to comment. I am used to sport seats, and I'm guessing that I will agree with you.

Last edited:
The present seats are great for cruising around in, really comfortable and stylish-looking. They just aren't performance seats that clamp you in... Sadly enough, I'm pretty sure Tesla will come out with true performance front seats for like $5000 in the future. Just my prediction.:banghead:

The present seats are great for cruising around in, really comfortable and stylish-looking. They just aren't performance seats that clamp you in... Sadly enough, I'm pretty sure Tesla will come out with true performance front seats for like $5000 in the future. Just my prediction.:banghead:

And sadly, I would try to retrofit my car.

Does that make it an m5?

No. It just makes it a better handling car. That's the point.

BMW enthusiast go out of their way to chastise people who put //M badges on non-M cars. However if you want to buy the parts from BMW and put them on your own car then that's fine. I for one would like to have the P+ suspension bushings and staggered wheels on my 60 kWh Model S.

An old trick you can try is to tighten your seat belt and lock it when it's thight so it pulls you back in the seat and stays that way. You feel locked in the seat. I do this for active driving. It works for me.