Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Plus Package now available as option or retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not happy about this, cause this is exactly what I wanted when I ordered in October. If I can order the rear wider rim and tire than I will try and sell my current rears.....Ugh!

Or keep them as spares for the front. You can wear out the tires from the rears after your fronts have gone, and you'll have two spare rims for swapping in if you rash or more seriously damage one of the fronts.

Or keep them as spares for the front. You can wear out the tires from the rears after your fronts have gone, and you'll have two spare rims for swapping in if you rash or more seriously damage one of the fronts.

Now your killing me! I was just going to buy the $900 warranty plan for the Rims and Tires. If I buy a new set of 10inch rears with tires, I'm guessing going to cost $1800 for rims plus at least $1200 for tires, so lets just say $3000, right? Minus $900 for warranty I don't need we are at $$2100 and I have a brand new set of 21's with Michelins as spares. Thoughts???

Now your killing me! I was just going to buy the $900 warranty plan for the Rims and Tires. If I buy a new set of 10inch rears with tires, I'm guessing going to cost $1800 for rims plus at least $1200 for tires, so lets just say $3000, right? Minus $900 for warranty I don't need we are at $$2100 and I have a brand new set of 21's with Michelins as spares. Thoughts???

Call a Dr. I think my bank account will need to be resuscitated after all that! :)

Why don't you just put the 265's on the 9.5" rims. I believe they will fit without any issues.

They will fit in the sense that there won't be any safety issue, but they won't perform optimally. Ideally you want the rim width and the tread width to be equal for best performance.

I am a R8 owner as well and previously had a E60 M5 I agree with previous posters about the handling. I expected my P85 to be better handling than it is. It does not compare to the R8 (probably not fair) and the M5 especially at higher speeds. That being said there is a reason I now have a R8 and P85. To me and for me they are great compliments to each other. If this is a possible retrofit I will probably do it as long as it wont compromise the smoothness that the P85 now has for my family rides. There is no doubt that the P85 can be improved in the handling department.

I am a R8 owner as well and previously had a E60 M5 I agree with previous posters about the handling. I expected my P85 to be better handling than it is. It does not compare to the R8 (probably not fair) and the M5 especially at higher speeds. That being said there is a reason I now have a R8 and P85. To me and for me they are great compliments to each other. If this is a possible retrofit I will probably do it as long as it wont compromise the smoothness that the P85 now has for my family rides. There is no doubt that the P85 can be improved in the handling department.

Good to see another owner :) I'm hoping the next Roadster will basically handle and have the looks in the class of the R8, but add rear seats (kid now)

I love my offset wheel/tire package. I have posted this before and the total cost of the wheels and tires was $1800. Sold the 19's for $1000 so it cost me $800 to upgrade. 8.5" x 20 font 38mm offset. 10.0 x 20" rear 38 mm offset 245s' on front, 275's on rear. I love the handling. Much improved, even over 21"'s!!!
DSC_9238.JPG
DSC_9293.JPG