Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Price Change, Delivery Delay, and Tesla Called me to Ask Why I Didn"t Order the P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Metallic always is more reflective than is non-metallic. People have been paying extra for decades. FWIW, the Ferrari 308GT4 back in 1978 had two browns, one metallic one not. metallic was GBP1200 extra so I opted for the non. Stupid me. Mine looked just like a stool sample. It kept onlookers and police away but apart from that.
I've already ordered my MCR P3D but I would pay extra for metallic were I wanting a black one.
Thanks.... what a reference...yuck. LOL

Hey … be careful @jsmay311 is going to report you....LOL

Anyone know if the red calipers are standard in the "Dual Motor Performance" model without adding the "Performance Upgrade" option?
Great question.

I was wondering the same thing.

I'm also wondering if the upgraded brakes ( larger brake calipers ) are going to be included in the 155MPH top speed version or will they also be included in the 145MPH top speed version...…..

Who knows?

Great question.

I was wondering the same thing.

I'm also wondering if the upgraded brakes ( larger brake calipers ) are going to be included in the 155MPH top speed version or will they also be included in the 145MPH top speed version...…..

Who knows?
Reason I ask is I can do aftermarket wheels, use the Aero wheels for a winter setup, and add an aftermarket spoiler and save $6,600 CDN on the order... but if you get the upgraded calipers too... that may be enough for me to just keep the Performance Upgrade package in the order and buy a set of winter wheels.

Reason I ask is I can do aftermarket wheels, use the Aero wheels for a winter setup, and add an aftermarket spoiler and save $6,600 CDN on the order... but if you get the upgraded calipers too... that may be enough for me to just keep the Performance Upgrade package in the order and buy a set of winter wheels.

Indeed. you and I are in the same boat concerning what we should configure. I need more details

Decisions Decisions.

Well at least we might be getting a badge now!!!! Are you kidding?

Tesla Model 3 is finally getting a badge: Dual Motor and underlined for Performance version

The only thing I fear concerning this change is:

What is the real difference between the 145 MPH top speed and the 155 MPH top speed versions? Will these top speed variants have different 0-60 times?
This is probably nothing to be concerned about, manufacturers frequently do this. The factory top speed can not exceed the speed rating of the tires, so most likely the tires that come standard have a lower speed rating. Acceleration should not be affected

• Informative
Reactions: kablammyman
This is probably nothing to be concerned about, manufacturers frequently do this. The factory top speed can not exceed the speed rating of the tires, so most likely the tires that come standard have a lower speed rating. Acceleration should not be affected
I have a test drive today....unfortunately I don't have a lot of confidence that the sales people will ever be able to give me a definite answer to this as they seem to learn about upgrades and changes at the same time we do.

Anyone know if the red calipers are standard in the "Dual Motor Performance" model without adding the "Performance Upgrade" option?
not according to the screenshots

5kdgJX4.png

Hmm...maybe I should place another reservation after I confirm my order just to get access to configurator. $1000 is refundable.
My configurator access returned. Yesterday I received an email advising me of the changes as well as showing my new $8,000 lower price. The email said I could still change my selections but that I would need to pay the new higher price for options if I changed anything. Mine was exactly as I wanted it, so they just gave me the $8,000. Spectacular!!:D:D:D

White and Red are now $1500 options? Ridiculous.
You seem to have a low threshold of ridiculosity.
What I find truly unreal about this pricing change is that hardware costs have generally been reduced while the ridiculously overpriced EAP software did not come down in cost and an unrealized, currently non-functioning FSD software price increased.
It sounds as though you should not order those options. (I don't have any strong opinions about whether EAP is priced right or not. I personally think it's insane to buy FSD given there's no there there, but nobody's forcing me to.)
They did "lower" the price for AWD so now it is only $4k but yes, there is a 3+ month wait.
'Course, they're showing a 3+ month wait for RWD now too.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Indeed. you and I are in the same boat concerning what we should configure. I need more details

Decisions Decisions.

Well at least we might be getting a badge now!!!! Are you kidding?

Tesla Model 3 is finally getting a badge: Dual Motor and underlined for Performance version
Sigh... I can't believe I'm going to do this but my daughter actually pointed out that the Model 3 (at $102k config!) doesn't have a heated steering wheel. Hate to be one of those "deal breaker" kind of people but those who know me know how important that is to me. I'm going to have to wait this one out a little longer with the ICE car until Tesla gives us Canadians (and anyone else who loves the cold-weather package) a heated wheel. :(

Sigh... I can't believe I'm going to do this but my daughter actually pointed out that the Model 3 (at $102k config!) doesn't have a heated steering wheel. Hate to be one of those "deal breaker" kind of people but those who know me know how important that is to me. I'm going to have to wait this one out a little longer with the ICE car until Tesla gives us Canadians (and anyone else who loves the cold-weather package) a heated wheel. :(
Not sure why you'd need a heated steering wheel if the interior of the car is already heated... I guess you can always choose not to preheat the car before you get in it, if you're a masochist. :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Not sure why you'd need a heated steering wheel if the interior of the car is already heated... I guess you can always choose not to preheat the car before you get in it, if you're a masochist. :eek:

Exactly this.

I originally thought of them not offering vented/cooled seats as a deal breaker since I live in the south (and my current car has em and they are awesome because they keep you from melting while the rest of the car cools down).

But then I realized I can just tell the entire car to be whatever temp I want. Any time. Before I have to even get in it.

OK, unlike the others above I sort of get this. Sorta. But you're in Calgary. It's not like it gets that cold, at least for all that long (yes, I lived there nearly 2 decades). Time to suck it up, buttercup!

Auclair Moccasin Deerskin Mitts - Women's

;)

If you have a few extra bucks...you can have a heated steering wheel made. I configured one with him already.....just waiting for the car.

The guy who makes RPM's steering wheels is willing to make any steering wheel custom...including heat.

• Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca
Sigh... I can't believe I'm going to do this but my daughter actually pointed out that the Model 3 (at $102k config!) doesn't have a heated steering wheel. Hate to be one of those "deal breaker" kind of people but those who know me know how important that is to me.

I'm going to have to wait this one out a little longer with the ICE car until Tesla gives us Canadians (and anyone else who loves the cold-weather package) a heated wheel. :(

Tesla does offer a heated steering wheel ... just get a base Model S and problem solved :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: Garlan Garner