Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the reasons I did not opt for the PUP in my P3 was snow tire functionality. I did not want 20" snow tires. (I know aftermarket 18" PUP wheels are now available, but they were not back in July when I ordered.) I just got a set of Nokians on my Aero wheels. I am planning on getting summer tires/wheels in the spring. One of the frustrating things about this situation is the uncertainty. Certainly if I were offered a free PUP, I wouldn't go out and spend money on summer wheels/tires. I sure hope this situation is sorted by spring, but they don't seem to be making much progress beyond inconsistent information from customer service reps.

One of the reasons I did not opt for the PUP in my P3 was snow tire functionality. I did not want 20" snow tires. (I know aftermarket 18" PUP wheels are now available, but they were not back in July when I ordered.) I just got a set of Nokians on my Aero wheels. I am planning on getting summer tires/wheels in the spring. One of the frustrating things about this situation is the uncertainty. Certainly if I were offered a free PUP, I wouldn't go out and spend money on summer wheels/tires. I sure hope this situation is sorted by spring, but they don't seem to be making much progress beyond inconsistent information from customer service reps.
I know that I know nothing, but here’s an opinion:

I think the odds of Tesla offering a retrofit on lowering links, brakes, wheels, tires is zero. The economics would be terrible. I know that their cost of parts is probably well below $5000. But add to that the cost of shipping, technician time to install, your loaner during installation... plus the fact that new tires and wheels is duplicative: they have no use for your old ones. I’ll bet their retrofit cost plus aero wheels and tires would be >8k.

Ain’t gonna happen. Maybe at best a credit towards parts.

Reactions: preilly44
Yes.

Now it looks like Tesla will not reach out to owners about this refund. It seems like you have to know about this and contact them to start the process. This is going to save them MILLIONS of dollars. I am sure not everyone is aware of the refund.

Fixed that for you. :)

From a game theory perspective, say nothing and delay delay delay.

Not every 3P owner is on TMC and follows this thread. People will forget, people will be unaware, and people will give up.

*sugar* business practices secured.

Reactions: P85_DA
I know that I know nothing, but here’s an opinion:

I think the odds of Tesla offering a retrofit on lowering links, brakes, wheels, tires is zero. The economics would be terrible. I know that their cost of parts is probably well below $5000. But add to that the cost of shipping, technician time to install, your loaner during installation... plus the fact that new tires and wheels is duplicative: they have no use for your old ones. I’ll bet their retrofit cost plus aero wheels and tires would be >8k.

Ain’t gonna happen. Maybe at best a credit towards parts.

Or Tesla can pull the "post delivery tow kit install" option that is infinitely 'out of stock'. How is it out of stock.... every Model X produced has this standard now.

Tesla is not going to retrofit P3- cars. If they do it, the minimum entry is going to be $7,500. Effectively insuring no one goes for it.

$7,000 for EAP post delivery is not designed to force out post purchase buyers, its to coerce new vehicle buyers in at 5000.

Tesla either has no idea how to price things or they are next level at pricing things. ;)

upload_2018-11-8_10-25-31.png

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
How do I submit my request I msged them from my tesla account 10 days ago and never received a response. Should I start messaging them every day until I get an answer?

I wonder if I should sell my P3D- as was suggested when it gets back from the shop getting delivery issues resolved. Hopefully I'll actually have the car I paid to much for before the end of the month, but it could go into next month I guess.

Submitted my request today via customer service email.

More than happy to give up my FUSC which I will never, ever get anywhere near the value from, for a rebate on the car.

No, I don't think Tesla "owes" me a rebate. I don't care that my FUSC was from a referral. I think it's a heck of a goodwill gesture to extend the discount if you're willing to give up something that almost nobody will ever get full value from.

If Tesla had been smart they'd have just dropped the price $3750 after Dec 31 and nobody would have cared one bit.

Reactions: Msjulie
I tried to call and confirm my request was in the system, but just ended up leaving a msg to call me back... *sigh*. Maybe I can get a status update at the same time on when my car will be finished having the issues I pointed out at delivery fixed. They are making good on their promise to complete the delivery, but it would be nice to get that 5k that everyone else getting their cars delivered receives. If given the choice I decided I would take the PUP upgrade over the 5k since id rather not have a dated obsolete model when delivery is finished, still a little on the fence on that one though, because I still need to repair the slab leak in my house, and saving up for that remodel...

I tried to call and confirm my request was in the system, but just ended up leaving a msg to call me back... *sigh*. Maybe I can get a status update at the same time on when my car will be finished having the issues I pointed out at delivery fixed. They are making good on their promise to complete the delivery, but it would be nice to get that 5k that everyone else getting their cars delivered receives. If given the choice I decided I would take the PUP upgrade over the 5k since id rather not have a dated obsolete model when delivery is finished, still a little on the fence on that one though, because I still need to repair the slab leak in my house, and saving up for that remodel...

I have a P3D+ and don’t think your P3D- is a dated obsolete model. It’s becoming a unicorn with the combo of great acceleration and better range. And if the $5k works out, you can buy aftermarket parts to achieve or exceed the braking and handling of the stock P3D+.