Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The email I got last week said checks start to be mailed out this week soooo we’re waiting. I was told that I can expect a check within 14 days. End of next week, if I do not get a check, I’ll start emailing them again.

FWIW I'm still waiting on a much smaller check from Tesla from overpayment on the original purchase on September 30th.

At delivery I was told I'd have check in 4-6 weeks... but got no check... did executive escalation on line, was told Nov 20 I'd have check in 10-15 business days. Which passed a few days ago- no check. Sent follow up today to exec escalation dude, waiting on reply now.

So I don't think their accounting dept is any less crap than any other part of their administrative apparatus.

Reactions: Perry
FWIW I'm still waiting on a much smaller check from Tesla from overpayment on the original purchase on September 30th.

At delivery I was told I'd have check in 4-6 weeks... but got no check... did executive escalation on line, was told Nov 20 I'd have check in 10-15 business days. Which passed a few days ago- no check. Sent follow up today to exec escalation dude, waiting on reply now.

So I don't think their accounting dept is any less crap than any other part of their administrative apparatus.

interesting... i had paid Tesla for my registration which they eventually turned back to me to get done along with a promised refund. the refund never came. I finally reached out to Tesla with executive escalation for that refund along with the 5k back... I got the registration refund within a week... still waiting for the 5K check.

interesting... i had paid Tesla for my registration which they eventually turned back to me to get done along with a promised refund. the refund never came. I finally reached out to Tesla with executive escalation for that refund along with the 5k back... I got the registration refund within a week... still waiting for the 5K check.

Heh- registration was a whole other drama for me.... apparently they "forgot" to do state inspection prior to delivery (which is illegal in my state- but then removing the window sticker is illegal federally and they'd done that to EVERY new Model 3 they had on the lot...)

Then 3 weeks into my 30 day plate they noticed they forgot to inspect it when they tried to get me a 'real' plate and told me to go take it someplace to get inspected (at their expense- they actually had to send an employee to the inspection place to meet me to pay for it)- and then had to pay to overnight the "real" plates to me once they were ready.

Just checking in to see what's new...
Is that Free PUP Incentive Program still going on? Have they reached the order-by deadline yet? Is the price back to "normal" again, or at some new plus-or-minus $5K level? :)

Anyway, if I hear nothing more from Tesla by Christmas about my $5K Model 3 price differential, then I'll give them a little present - my $50K Base Model Roadster reservation cancellation. :( Besides, since it'll probably take them weeks or months to return my $50K, I'd better cancel it sooner rather than later!

Live and learn. I wouldn't want to get the Tesla early-adopter-"squeeze" (Fred Lambert's word) twice... (It could also be called "the-other-than-fully-optioned-squeeze.)

But all is not lost - every YouTuber and blogger I know is getting 2 free fully-optioned Founder's Edition Roadsters! Maybe I can pick up one of those, used, after they iron out the kinks for me. :D

Tesla, Tesla, Tesla - what's wrong with you?! I sure hope your admin. incompetence doesn't start trickling down into your production and engineering!!! :eek:

Just checking in to see what's new...
Is that Free PUP Incentive Program still going on? Have they reached the order-by deadline yet? Is the price back to "normal" again, or at some new plus-or-minus $5K level? :)
The net price goes up $3750 for most buyers on January 1st. Hopefully that will make everyone in this thread feel better.
Tesla, Tesla, Tesla - what's wrong with you?! I sure hope your admin. incompetence doesn't start trickling down into your production and engineering!!! :eek:
I hate to be the one to break it to you...

• Funny
Reactions: voip-ninja
The net price goes up $3750 for most buyers on January 1st. Hopefully that will make everyone in this thread feel better.

I hate to be the one to break it to you...
Speaking of price increases - I hear the Europeans are really getting hit hard! (like $90K hard!)
At the time, I suggested if they "need" to reduce prices on Perf. cars (because of new-found production efficiencies?) they should do it for the long-waiting Europeans. The exact opposite is happening. Early enthusiasts getting shafted again!

And btw. - Crazy price swings, up or down, should not make anyone happy.

Reactions: Msjulie
Not really. The whole reason I ordered early and had to suffer with the bad build quality was for the full rebate. Had I known that the price would go down to match the rebate, I would have rather ordered later after these poor build quality problems have gone away. Now I am stuck with hugely inconsistent panel gaps and miss-alignments as well as the the 5K loss.

So no it doesn't make up for it. Not even close.

Reactions: Msjulie
Nice try?.. it's math

original cost
Price X - $7500 tax credit

New cost
Price Y = (Price X - $5000)
Price Y - $7500 tax credit

Now if you get only half of the tax credit then it's closer to the original net cost.

That doesn't help anyone who already bought one, math or otherwise

BTW the tax credit is only that as everyone says many times, it only helps reduce your taxes if you are taxed enough to make it matter - many are but not all

Reactions: Big City and Roys3
Not really. The whole reason I ordered early and had to suffer with the bad build quality was for the full rebate. Had I known that the price would go down to match the rebate, I would have rather ordered later after these poor build quality problems have gone away. Now I am stuck with hugely inconsistent panel gaps and miss-alignments as well as the the 5K loss.

So no it doesn't make up for it. Not even close.

Thats still there in cars manufactured in November, so that part has not changed.

That doesn't help anyone who already bought one, math or otherwise

BTW the tax credit is only that as everyone says many times, it only helps reduce your taxes if you are taxed enough to make it matter - many are but not all
Exactly right. I'm one of those for whom the tax credit is useless, for example. (I'm retired and don't make enough to take advantage of the credit.)

Exactly right. I'm one of those for whom the tax credit is useless, for example. (I'm retired and don't make enough to take advantage of the credit.)

And also - how does an early adopter who road the pricing rollercoaster extract any benefit from the change in the tax program which only can impact a brand new audience of buyers? Completely unrelated group of people and math..