Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Contractually incentivized FUSC and Data for an "order now!" deal, has nothing to do with a sudden sneaky price drop and PUP giveaway.

Sure it does.

One (well, two) went to people who ordered early, one went to people who ordered late.

Folks who ordered early then whined they wanted what the "late" people got.

So Elon offered to trade it to them in exchange for what they got early- even though he was under zero "contractual" obligation to do so.

It's weird how people keep getting confused about this.

Even better- the early folks can have the same 5k discount the later ones got and keep the lifetime unlimited data the late folks never got...so they're still better off than the newbies...AND got to drive theirs months sooner! (plus of course newbies are about to only get half as much tax credit too).

Sure it does.

One (well, two) went to people who ordered early, one went to people who ordered late.

Folks who ordered early then whined they wanted what the "late" people got.

So Elon offered to trade it to SOME OF THEM in exchange for what they got early- even though he was under zero "contractual" obligation to do so.

It's weird how people keep getting confused about this.

Even better- SOME OF the early folks can have the same 5k discount the later ones got and keep the lifetime unlimited data the late folks never got...so they're still better off than the newbies...AND got to drive theirs months sooner! (plus of course SOME newbies are about to only get half as much tax credit too).
LMFTFY

No, it's available on request to everyone who bought the version of the car that dropped in price.

It's not necessarily available to those who bought the version of the car they don't even sell anymore- but then those folks didn't suddenly have an option they paid cash for become standard either.... and those folks still have FUSC and lifetime data which the new buyers don't get either of.

No, it's available on request to everyone who bought the version of the car that dropped in price.

It's not necessarily available to those who bought the version of the car they don't even sell anymore- but then those folks didn't suddenly have an option they paid cash for become standard either.... and those folks still have FUSC and lifetime data which the new buyers don't get either of.
Technically correct, but not within context of your conversation. you posted your responses to @Roys3 telling him he should just take the $5k, which he has not been offered.

Reactions: Perry
I think most who what the + parts want at most the calipers. The rest is not worth getting.
What? You don’t want a non functional spoiler that IMO cheapens the lines, and possibly the ugliest badge Tesla has ever made? FWIW I agree with you, which is why $5k was a non starter and I figured I’d buy my own.

Oh, I guess I’m entitled to the badging, so I’ll put it in a baggie in the glove compartment in case the next guy wants it.

Reactions: Perry and Blur1895
So 3 weeks ago I requested "turn off FUSC, give me $5k"

I was given the email that my check was in the mail (not received yet)

however, also interesting is that even though my profile shows "pay per use supercharging" I'm still not seeing any supercharging history or payment being shown in my tesla account / on my linked card

however, also interesting is that even though my profile shows "pay per use supercharging" I'm still not seeing any supercharging history or payment being shown in my tesla account / on my linked card
I wouldn't be surprised if after how unorganized this whole fiasco has been if we don't get a refund check and retain FUSC for a year while they sort things out.

Reactions: preilly44

They have told others they don’t turn off supercharging til they issue you a check. So your post makes sense

I'm just hoping for the unlikely scenario of the check shows up but they don't disable FUSC somehow

I feel like even though it's free supercharging it should show up in my history though?

It's not uncommon for FUSC to not show up in your account - an ongoing glitch apparently. My account still says 'Pay per Use', and neither my account nor my car's charging screen show any record of me ever supercharging (even though I've done it several times).

Technically correct, but not within context of your conversation. you posted your responses to @Roys3 telling him he should just take the $5k, which he has not been offered.

My apologies, I forgot to consult my spreadsheet about which users were complaining they had to trade FUSC for a 5k refund for something they originally were fine paying 5k for and they still get to keep and which were complaining they didn't get a 5k refund for a thing they never paid 5k for to begin with :)

I totally relate. The range is pretty bad on the P3. With my driving all I can get out of 100% SOC is 140 miles. I've been trying to do this little 138 mile mountain circuit clock wise on a single charge but I always run out and have to recharge in Los Gatos SC.
View attachment 359412

"With my Driving"
You know very well the issue is not that you are getting less than average range, just less than average restraint. Lets see those 700 wh/mi screen shots :)

My apologies, I forgot to consult my spreadsheet about which users were complaining they had to trade FUSC for a 5k refund for something they originally were fine paying 5k for and they still get to keep and which were complaining they didn't get a 5k refund for a thing they never paid 5k for to begin with :)
Shame on you, if you are going to post in this thread you’d better learn the players.:);) What are you doing here anyway since you don’t have a dog in the hunt? :cool: Seems like a waste of your time!?

Yes I've almost decided to keep the free SC. However, I wish it was transferable as it was with my model S. My son ended up with my S and he loves the free SC and I'm pretty sure he or another family member will end up with my Model 3.

The transferable lifetime SC was free with my 2015 model S. Several years ago, before it was free, it was either 2000 or 2500 dollars. I just can't understand how nontransferable SC can be worth 5K...but whatever.

I am also toying with getting the 5K back and just buying Tesla stock with it.

I guess keeping the free supercharging is a poor financial decision on par with my purchase of full self driving.

Then again when full self driving becomes available in 36 years, I can fully utilize my free supercharging/ full self driving combo and make a lot of money letting others ride in my car. This will be a great income supplement since I will then be 95 years old on a fixed income

• Funny
Reactions: Perry and rcarpen22

I guess I am the double FUSCed. I am not eligible for a refund, and I did not get lifetime data.

Yes I've almost decided to keep the free SC. However, I wish it was transferable as it was with my model S. My son ended up with my S and he loves the free SC and I'm pretty sure he or another family member will end up with my Model 3.

What would trigger the free SC to turn off when transferred to another family member. Just leave the car in the same account?

Reactions: Jbailey