Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition to rollback 5.8s suspension behavior modification at high speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally agree. the change is a stop gap measure. So long as we can reenable in a month or two, what's the big issue. I think the long term and big picture issues make this stop gap change very reasonable. Just wish it had been announced prior to being forced upon us.

A petition to change something Elon's already announced that will be changed is just a petty annoyance.
Not trying to be a wise guy here, but my question would be:What gap needed to be stopped He says it is not about safety but the ability to reduce the risk. Then why up it by less than an inch? Why not two? Or fifteen? And why do it in such an underhanded way with no communication, no release notes, and no apologies? If I were concerned about clearance I would have kept my pickup!

For me, 5.8 is a big improvement over 4.5, and the suspension thing has not impacted me in any way over the past few days of highway driving.

Having said that, I think updates should be optional (to a point) and there should be some sort of rollback capability. I can see the need to keep withing, say, one or two release versions or it would just get too difficult for Tesla to manage.

For me, 5.8 is a big improvement over 4.5, and the suspension thing has not impacted me in any way over the past few days of highway driving.

Having said that, I think updates should be optional (to a point) and there should be some sort of rollback capability. I can see the need to keep withing, say, one or two release versions or it would just get too difficult for Tesla to manage.

I think managing the ability to rollback on demand can actually be a non-trivial amount of effort (not saying it can't be done). But agreed that they should make updates fully optional, with all changes fully disclosed very clearly.

I understand where you are coming from but I have issues. Why should ANYone have to wait until January for something they already owned, bought, and paid for?

Because it's not all about you, that's why. There's a much bigger picture here, like the survival of Tesla and what they are trying to do for all of us and future generations.

At first the pettiness displayed over the last couple of weeks was mildly entertaining, then disappointing, and now it's just downright 1st grader temper tantrum territory. Way to give the naysayers and media enough fodder to last a lifetime. Tesla is fighting for its life here and fighting for the lives of your grandchildren and you just keep wanting to pee all over it. Keep it up and some of you may just get your wish of seeing Elon throw in the towel. If he does that, you'll have more to complain about then a two month wait for optional suspension height at highway speeds.

i don't get all this petition noise.... what is the panic about 3/4" of ride height (or whatever it is)??

what is the concern here? slightly higher coefficient of drag?? a couple fewer miles of range on the highway? you'll get it back in a couple months. is driver safety and major PR fire management not worth a slight (slight....) sacrifice?

seems like much ado to me...... let the guy run his company for a second why don'tcha.

Agreed. There's a lesson for Tesla here in terms of communications process and not just to owners; the varying answers, and lack of answers, from Tesla staff over the last 3 days proves that even they didn't really know what was going on.

This is a recurring theme with Tesla, from the very first day I placed my order. It's obvious that they will never learn this lesson, and to them it *is* all about them, and not us. Read all of the "lack of communication" threads in the ordering and delivery forum. It's embarrassing, and it continues after delivery. The Tesla staff are kept in the dark with intent, as truthful communication with owners can do Tesla no good, in their minds. I love my car, but I don't love the company. I think Elon Musk is a genius, and one of the few people I look up to in the world, but this company has problems, and I don't mind talking to the press about them, because it's the truth.