Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E (Northern California) finding: SmartAC program could be mandated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a semantics issue... but yeah I guess grid-export is "possible".

But the terms of the agreement I saw meant I could not voluntarily put energy back when I wanted. I'd have to allow PG&E to take it from me when they felt it was necessary.

I think most people who think of "exporting to the grid" think of exporting a certain kWh that they assign at a time they want to export it. So I don't think what Sunrun/PG&E are supporting is technically in line with what you or I would find valuable as a grid-exporting ability.

And no, I still don't know how to grid charge during off peak... that's probably the feature we all want so we could charge up during 1am if the next day had a lot of clouds in the forecast.
Its easy :)

I don’t know how people tolerdate PG&E.
I have enjoyed working with the PGE people in the field. The Senior Management and the Lobbyists are the ones have an issue with. I get satisfaction setting my system on self consumption and gaming the TOU rates. I have two EVs and consume more than I generate. At the end of my True Up I pay a few Non Bypassable charges but am working on a way to try to charge my EVs from available solar to reduce the NBCs. That is how I tolerate PG&E.