Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom Braking - 2021 MY

Danzel

Apr 17, 2021
Montreal
why does this happen? I have a 2010 Prius with lane keeping and radar cruise... never an issue. Also have a 2017 Prius Prime with no issues.

I just got a MY and haven't driven it enough to get a "phantom brake" event, but don't understand why it happens... this tech has literally been out for over a decade
I'm wondering the same thing....
I had 2 Honda's Civic 2016 and Accord 2018 and both had sensing suites and never had any phantom braking. Sometimes it would flash and sound to tell me to brake but never phantom brake by it's own for absolutely nothing, unless there was a car real close in front of me. With my MYP I experienced more phantom brakes in 1 month and a half of owning it compare to the last 5 years owing my 2 Honda's

profdustin

Mar 11, 2021
Pennsylvania
I have 2020 with radar. My 2021 without is coming within the next 2 weeks. I have heard the vision cars have phantom braking as well in this forum.
I have a 2021 MY with no radar, and I get Phantom braking frequently.

It's to the point where my family groans whenever I enable cruise control or AP. My Toyota Prius and Honda Pilot hardly had any issues! It's crazy that Tesla still has this annoying problem.

avs007

May 14, 2021
PacNW
I have a 2021 MY with no radar, and I get Phantom braking frequently.

It's to the point where my family groans whenever I enable cruise control or AP. My Toyota Prius and Honda Pilot hardly had any issues! It's crazy that Tesla still has this annoying problem.
I actually get a lot of phantom braking on my Acura MDX. More than on my Tesla currently, actually...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC