Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom braking without self-driving features?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve never had a phantom braking event. I use autopilot all the time because it’s fun. Internet forums have a negative selection bias. Phantom braking is possible, but I don’t think anyone here has an accurate sense of probability.
I’m genuinely happy for you. Wish that was my case. Even when I attempt to accelerate through a phantom break, when I let off the accelerator, it was break as if it’s ignoring my queue that “everything is okay; you can keep going.” It’s nuts and really embarrassing when I have passengers.

I’m genuinely happy for you. Wish that was my case. Even when I attempt to accelerate through a phantom break, when I let off the accelerator, it was break as if it’s ignoring my queue that “everything is okay; you can keep going.” It’s nuts and really embarrassing when I have passengers.
I recently gave in and updated my car from the radar software to the newer versions. Before the update I can recall maybe 2 phantom breaking events in the couple of years I’ve had the car. So far since the update I get at least one and sometimes two events each way on my commute to work on the freeway. I did a lot of reading to see if it would be an issue and it seemed like it was ok, but in my experience it clearly happens and got worse with a disabled radar.