Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom drain & sleep - Solved in 2020.12.11.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is very warm too, but not hot to touch. My Model X AP2.5 also has problem going to sleep after installing 2020.20.12, but it didn't happen right the way. 2020.20.12 was installed on 6/12. Start failing to sleep on 6/18. I drove a couple of times in between.

Hi eml2,

Exactly the same thing happened to me...
Installed 2020.20.12 on June 12, 2020
Two days later the sleep started to fail.
I lost up to 3% charge overnight on X100D.

Rear camera is barely warm to the touch.
It is in a garage that is very dark.

Shawn

My Model X AP2.5 isn't sleeping either since the upgrade to 2020.20.12. My rear camera isn't hot though. I've tried the suggestions in this thread to turn off various settings but nothing has worked. For now I'll wait for the next software update and hope that fixes the issue.

I can’t get my model x long range plus to go to sleep no matter what I tried..
Rather than try a variety of potential self-help fixes folks might want to wait for a firmware update that seems to help a large number of people. I tried many things before it seemed to be fixed with 2020.12.11.1. As many have reported that fix was short lived because 2020.20.13(+/-) seems to have caused issues for many. Hopefully another fix will be coming soon.

Hello again. After a couple of days with good sleep since the re-install of 2020.20.1 the no-sleep problem has returned. So, that is not a solution either, although it helped for some time (strangely). Shouldn’t we open a new thread, because this one is named ‘solved’?

Shouldn’t we open a new thread, because this one is named ‘solved’?
There are also similar discussions happening here:
Battery discharging after 2020.20.13 update
I am going to switch to that thread for continuing to follow that issue.
I think we just have to wait for a new firmware
I think that will ultimately be the case.

Sure, but is Tesla sufficiently aware of the problem?
My concern too. I am attempting to let them know of my problem.

I have spoken to Tesla service center. They sent me the same firmware again. I re-installed and my car is sleeping again. I assume this will last for a couple of days, like last time. In the mean time, remote service is checking my problem and the service center said that there’s a big update coming up. They indicated to assume this will solve the problem, but ‘assume’ does not sound very convincing. Anyway, if you want your to sleep again for a week, ask them to re-send the firmware. Weird, but in my case this temporarily solved the problem twice now

Hi All,

I just updated to that software Wednesday June 24, 2020.
It's weird, it does sleep now, but only for 10 minutes.
It wakes up for 8 or 9 minutes and then goes back to sleep...

The phantom power drain has been eliminated.

Shawn

Hi All,

I just updated to that software Wednesday June 24, 2020.
It's weird, it does sleep now, but only for 10 minutes.
It wakes up for 8 or 9 minutes and then goes back to sleep...

The phantom power drain has been eliminated.

Shawn
Mine did the same thing for about a day on 2020.24.6.1 but now it sleeps for long periods. I just checked TeslaFi and it's been sleeping for almost 18 hours.