Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't played around with the new version much, since my car is currently out of commission.

One thing I noticed immediately is that the new app will wake the car up and log in on the first attempt with regularity now, rather than always having to back out once or twice like before.

The more reliable log-in on the android side sure is welcome, though I think it's strange that it's still missing the version of the charge slider that's been on the iOS side since last November (i.e. it still has only two choices, "Standard" and "Max Range"). It's not critical, since I can always use my wife's phone or VisibleTesla, but does seem to be a strange omission. Either way, at least it's an update!

What happened? Or you're using a different car?

Yeah, sorry. Totally separate circumstances.

The app starting working again before I departed a few hours later.

Unfortunately, about 90km into my trip the car and I suffered an accident (due to the possible return of a previous health issue of mine) and now the Model S is benched with a "low coolant" warning while I wait on Tesla to send out a Ranger to inspect it. It will need some minor bodywork as well, and that means shipping it out of town so it will likely be a couple more weeks before it's back to 100%.

Well, at least I got to enjoy it for 10 trouble-free days before I broke it. :redface:

I miss it terribly.

My sympathies!

Thanks.

Tesla Ranger flew in and had a look today. Appears to be mostly cosmetic (ie: simple, but expensive) stuff. Coolant leak is due to a damaged radiator. Underbody shield (tank mode) apparently saved my battery. Driving or charging the car isn't recommended. :crying:

One step complete. Next up is insurance appraisal, then arranging shipment to body shop for repairs. If I have my car back by June, I'll be happy.

When car is awake I can connect via Apple or android app, but when car is asleep neither will connect. Just spins and spins, then says cannot connect. I have rebooted the center screen. Am running latest 5.9. Thoughts?

When car is awake I can connect via Apple or android app, but when car is asleep neither will connect. Just spins and spins, then says cannot connect. I have rebooted the center screen. Am running latest 5.9. Thoughts?

How long are you waiting, it takes awhile for the car to wake up & connect sometimes over a minute with both on Wifi.

The iPhone app has consistently under reported the cars rated range by 2-3 miles for me recently. For example I'll check the app and see 180, then walk to the car and get in and see 182 (90% charge for me). anyone else seeing this, didn't seem to happen before I got 5.11 in the car.

The iPhone app has consistently under reported the cars rated range by 2-3 miles for me recently. For example I'll check the app and see 180, then walk to the car and get in and see 182 (90% charge for me). anyone else seeing this, didn't seem to happen before I got 5.11 in the car.

I believe this is due to battery balancing.. If you check your car and app immediately after charging is complete, the numbers will match... As the battery balances after the charge, you'll see the delta between the app and the car... Also, you might see an initial difference between the dash and the main console (when the battery screen is viewable)

I believe this is due to battery balancing.. If you check your car and app immediately after charging is complete, the numbers will match... As the battery balances after the charge, you'll see the delta between the app and the car... Also, you might see an initial difference between the dash and the main console (when the battery screen is viewable)

Noticed all these. And, the rated range may also not drop as quickly as the distance covered when you start driving.

Interesting, because I'm checking more frequently now that I'm charging at work, and want to be courteous and free up the charger as soon as my charge is complete, I've been looking at the phone rated range indicator and the cars within 0-10 minutes of the car finishing charging. I'll check the dash vs. main console for differences as well, maybe the phone is matching the main console number but not the dash.

See the other threads on "car will not wake from deep sleep". What finally resolved it for me was Tesla engineering trying to wake the car from "the mother ship" and unsuccessful. That lead an engineer to look more deeply at the problem and they found a mismatch between my car's 3G phone number and the Tesla database (did say which was wrong/changed). But they said something messed up during an earlier OTA update. They corrected the mismatch and it now works reliably after failing since November 2013.

I wait until the message pops up which says "cannot connect. Retry or account". I have tried more than once, but connection has not been successful.

I just went back a few pages and didn't see this come up as an issue, but if it has already, I apologize. Is anyone else having problems with the location portion of the app? The triangle regularly is disappearing and the only way to make it reappear is moving your finger around the map a bit to get it to move. When the map is moving, I can then see the arrow; if I stop, it disappears. It only happens when the car is in motion (when the car is parked, it's fine), and this didn't happen on any of the previous versions.

I just went back a few pages and didn't see this come up as an issue, but if it has already, I apologize. Is anyone else having problems with the location portion of the app? The triangle regularly is disappearing and the only way to make it reappear is moving your finger around the map a bit to get it to move. When the map is moving, I can then see the arrow; if I stop, it disappears. It only happens when the car is in motion (when the car is parked, it's fine), and this didn't happen on any of the previous versions.
If you move the map around you can lose the triangle. Just click the button on the top of the map and it will come back and start tracking once again.

Mobile app update V1.2.2 released yesterday June 6

I just discovered in iTunes that there is a new release of the mobile app, V1.2.2. Came out yesterday.

Description is "support for new markets, minor bug fixes & improvements".

On the Locations screen there is a "Directions" button in the upper right, or was that there before? I'm not sure.

I don't see anything new.