Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I briefly get the login screen when starting the app now. It proceeds to the "contacting the car" page after a few seconds, but it still looks like I'd need to login again. Just long enough for me to think "Oh, what now?" Didn't used to do this. I still almost always have to back out and restart the app in order to successfully connect though. I usually give it 10 seconds (occasionally, it does do it on the first try) and, if no connection, back out and try again.

Try resetting your password in myTesla. That worked for me.

I briefly get the login screen when starting the app now. It proceeds to the "contacting the car" page after a few seconds, but it still looks like I'd need to login again. Just long enough for me to think "Oh, what now?" Didn't used to do this. I still almost always have to back out and restart the app in order to successfully connect though. I usually give it 10 seconds (occasionally, it does do it on the first try) and, if no connection, back out and try again.

I have the exact same behavior on my Android devices now.

iOS app got updated! :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410422742.288334.jpg

Edit: app responds noticeably better, tabs seem cached now, less loading time.

Tesla's Android application just got an update on the Google Play Store. In the changelog it indicates that it is adds support for new features with V6.0.

What's New
New features (which require Release v6.0 in Model S):
- Owners will now be able to start their Model S from the app
- Support for the new Calendar feature in Model S Release v6.0
- New UI layout

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lamotors.tesla

Tesla's Android application just got an update on the Google Play Store. In the changelog it indicates that it is adds support for new features with V6.0.

What's New
New features (which require Release v6.0 in Model S):
- Owners will now be able to start their Model S from the app
- Support for the new Calendar feature in Model S Release v6.0
- New UI layout

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lamotors.tesla

Yep, there it was sitting in my Apps-to-be-updated list on Google Play. Phone didn't bother notifying me one was available.

App version 1.169

Could FW6.0 be imminent?!

Update: Not a lot changed usability-wise. Still no percentage SOC slider. Did seem to find the car faster though.

Last edited:
Yep, there it was sitting in my Apps-to-be-updated list on Google Play. Phone didn't bother notifying my one was available.

App version 1.169

Could FW6.0 be imminent?!

Update: Not a lot changed usability-wise. Still no percentage SOC slider. Did seem to find the car faster though.

I still can't believe that they haven't added this yet.

No kidding. I fired an email off to ownership about it. They've updated the Android app 2 - 3 times since the iOS app got the slider and they still haven't added it. Plus I guess we don't get the notifications either. :(

At least you have an official app. Windows Phone still not getting any love, and it doesn't look good for the immediate future.

Tesla Rep said:
This is _____ from the Technical Support team in Fremont, CA. Thank you for contacting Tesla with your questions regarding a windows phone app or web portal to access your vehicle. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about either of those, but I'd be happy to submit feature requests on your behalf; perhaps those can be features available in the future.

My Focus Electric also has no Windows Phone app, but at least Ford offers a web portal where I can get all the info. Going through a third party app for the Tesla is a little bit trusting.