Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy. The app notifies you that an update is available but does not allow you activate the update. Why not? It can't be any more complex than setting charging levels, for instance.
Because you should be installing the update overnight when the car is parked in your garage, not when you're out somewhere. That's why it defaults to the middle of the night. It's not unheard of for updates to go wrong and the car become unusable. Rare, but you wouldn't want it to happen to you when you're not home. There is never any hurry to install an update.

hello - for those of you that have tan interiors, does the app's depiction of your car show tan seats, or is the default black?

we just went from a Pearl White/black car to Red/tan car and the app shows black seats on the new car. just wondering if that is the standard or if the seat color is mismatched on our Model S config in their system. everything else matches fine - paint, pano, wheels, spoiler, etc.

oh btw, you can't see the seat color really until one of the driver side doors is open ...

thanks!

Winter is coming! Does anyone have a suggestion for turning on front and rear defrosters remotely? Too bad the app does not do it (yet?). Obviously there are bigger priorities, but it seems like adding the icons to the bottom left and right of the "Climate" tab of the app would be pretty straightforward.

Last edited:
Reactions: hiroshiy and SG57
IMG_1729.PNG

Anyone else getting this today? I verified that remote access is set to ON in the car. Toggled it off and back on. Reset the main computer.

Attachments

• IMG_1729.PNG
    IMG_1729.PNG
    137.1 KB · Views: 42
@Electric Joe @Jude Tesla has a new policy now where they will automatically disable mobile app access if there is an open repair order for your vehicle. This process is done via backend (with their servers) and not from the settings menu. Therefore it will still show that mobile app access is still enabled in the settings menu.

If you had your vehicle in for service recently, Tesla may have forgotten to close your repair order. Call your service center and ask them to close your open repair order and that should re-enable mobile access. This happened to me the other day as well. A Tesla Ranger swung by my house to fix a door handle and I didn't have mobile app access until the next day.

Yep, same here. I had a ranger out yesterday morning to fix a window issue and I discovered the app wasn't working soon after. It started working about 7 hours after he finished. Apparently this policy change came into effect about two weeks ago to ensure the safety of the technicians. Imagine someone summoning the vehicle with the app while a tech is under it.