Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if these glitches on the reported internal temperatures are actually a sign of faulty sensors in the car. There are reports of people driving with the temperature control set at 80F to get it warm enough, while I find 66F or 67F is just fine. My car is also reporting internal temps that seem plausible. There is no "internal temperature" readout inside the Model S.

I wonder if these glitches on the reported internal temperatures are actually a sign of faulty sensors in the car. There are reports of people driving with the temperature control set at 80F to get it warm enough, while I find 66F or 67F is just fine. My car is also reporting internal temps that seem plausible. There is no "internal temperature" readout inside the Model S.

I was thinking the same thing. My car will always reach set temperature (68-70 generally) within 15 minutes or so.

2 cents from someone who's had the app over 3 months now ...

Car says it's 45F but it's 27F and dark outside. Been out there all day (and cloudy). I'd bet it's actually 45F wherever the sensor is.
I don't have problems with CC keeping the temp correct in the car if I set the fan manually. If I don't, I'd be one of those people saying I'd need to push it to 80 to stay comfortable.
The sensor is probably in the "ceiling" because all evidence points at issues with heat rising (high sensor reads when parked as well as miscalculating interior temperature when HVAC is running because fan's not running and heat collects up top but it's 10 degrees colder down by your feet).
I originally thought this was a sensor problem like some of you are starting to believe, but my testing (using IR thermometer) is showing that this is not the case. It's just the HVAC not doing the right thing.

Of course I'm not saying no one has a sensor problem -- but thus far, these stories sound just like mine and I know my sensor is fine.

Hardly scientific, but I put my remote meat thermometer on the arm rest for this reading. Not as far off as I thought. The cabin feels quite warm compared to the outside temp of 56F.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360106937.919405.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360106769.919175.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360106769.919175.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 684
I'm sorry if this has been said already, but the iPhone app makes me really want to tie into the rear camera feed remotely...it is really great to have the additional utility and convenience that this app adds to the car.

Feature request: on the Climate screen, add Front and Rear Defrost buttons.

It's probably already in the works, the artwork for the buttons is already in the iPhone app bundle. I'd post them, but this site doesn't allow uploading of PNG files (and Tesla may not like it).

And just to tease everyone, there is an icon labeled "charge alert" that looks like an alarm clock. Hmmm....

On the other hand, their iPhone app bundle appears to contains lots of old artwork, so all of those items could be from a very early version of the app....

It works for me. What doesn't work is trying to post a ".png" file that has JPG content. (And I presume that's by-design.)

No, these are real PNGs, but they do have transparency. Regardless, I get a little red circle with an exclamation point when I try to upload.

But, if you're that curious, here's a couple screenshots of the artwork on a grey background...

Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 9.58.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 9.58.27 PM.png

Since using the iphone app when the car left alone for a few hours, the app can not connect to the car. The iphone app say may take a few minutes but nothing will happen.
I think there might be a connectivity issue when the car goes to sleep mode. It say " A connection to the vehicle could not be made"
I am using version 4.1 I did not upgrade to version 4.2 as I was afraid may introduce new bugs to my working car right now.