Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue here. Car is reporting at least 6-7•C more than real temperature. No matter inside my garage or outside for long time. Even today the AC started blowing cold air... during winter time. Pretty sure some temp sensors are defective.

Interesting experiment: I plugged into the ChargePoint charger at my office this morning, and it quickly got the charge up to 241 miles (the usual Standard charge on my car). Over the course of the day (10.5 hours), that slid to 224 miles. Preparing to head home, I just kicked on the Climate and shifted the charger over to Max Range.

Key point: the ChargePoint connection was still live and let the charging rate ramp up, even after sitting at zero for 9 hours.

iPhone app draining iPhone battery when left open?

Got the iPhone app running this morning, used it for a couple minutes and went about my day. I noticed my iPhone's battery was draining out much quicker than normal. I think the app might be running in the background and draining the battery, anyone else notice this? I had to manually quit the app to stop it...

What the %$#@&^*?

Anyone try to get the app on an iPad? The description says iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, but I sure as heck can't get it on the iPad.

Trying clicking 'iPhone Apps' (not iPad Apps). It is an iPhone App that can scale 2x (ugly) to display portrait-only on an iPad.

(Urgh: refresh failure on tapatalk. Mods: you can remove this post, as the question has been answered already.)

Last edited:
I bought 3 Model S's from Tesla (long story). I wonder what happens when you have 4...

Elon does a happy dance.
Snoopy_Dancing_by_jessie4508.jpg

iPhone app draining iPhone battery when left open?

Got the iPhone app running this morning, used it for a couple minutes and went about my day. I noticed my iPhone's battery was draining out much quicker than normal. I think the app might be running in the background and draining the battery, anyone else notice this? I had to manually quit the app to stop it...

I noticed (and reported) similar behavior on the Android beta app some weeks ago. But it isn't all the time. On the android device, it seems to be related to GPS, maps, or failing to allow the phone to sleep. But it's inconsistent enough to be hard to pin down. In fact it was some weeks before I concluded it was actually the app doing it.

The app says the interior temp of my car is 76 degrees. It's been sitting outside in 45 degree weather for 6.5 hours with climate control off...don't think that function is working!
I have found that the interior temp is only shown when "Climate" is "On." What you're referring to, I think, is the temperature setting.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting experiment: I plugged into the ChargePoint charger at my office this morning, and it quickly got the charge up to 241 miles (the usual Standard charge on my car). Over the course of the day (10.5 hours), that slid to 224 miles. Preparing to head home, I just kicked on the Climate and shifted the charger over to Max Range.

Key point: the ChargePoint connection was still live and let the charging rate ramp up, even after sitting at zero for 9 hours.
All you have to do is kick it into a "Range" charge, then after it has started knock it back to "Rated" and it will continue to 240 miles.

thanks, too bad this thread and probably yours got moved to a single thread, which in a few weeks will be a hundred pages long and impossible to tell whats what... this place so over moderated it's killing the usability of the forum...

I noticed (and reported) similar behavior on the Android beta app some weeks ago. But it isn't all the time. On the android device, it seems to be related to GPS, maps, or failing to allow the phone to sleep. But it's inconsistent enough to be hard to pin down. In fact it was some weeks before I concluded it was actually the app doing it.

Car is outside. Interior cabin says 7 degrees c. I started the cabin heat and setting was at 24 degrees c. I can increase the temperature using the up arrow but I cannot decrease it with the down arrow. Anyone else see this?

This seems to be reproduced by a few people. Patp did some tests and found that if the car is set to fahrenheit, the down arrow works but if it is in Celsius, it doesn't. Would maybe explain why they would not have caught this bug (testing mainly in fahrenheit?). I did the experiment and reproduced it also. Works in F, not in C.

Great catch patp!

Car is outside. Interior cabin says 7 degrees c. I started the cabin heat and setting was at 24 degrees c. I can increase the temperature using the up arrow but I cannot decrease it with the down arrow. Anyone else see this?

Yes. Actually it's a bug when car is in Celcius. Only does it on iOS. It's been reported to Tesla.

I downloaded the app this afternoon. My car is now charging and the app says it is charging at 7 mph, 244v, 16amps. It says the rated range is 183 miles. This seems strange to me as it is plugged into a NEMA 14-50, 50amp outlet. I know the charge rate slows down as it gets closer to fill charge, but 183 rated
Miles doesn't seem like it's that lose. I have the charge setting on standard, not max. Does the reported info on charging rate and amp draw seem right?

P1117 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I downloaded the app this afternoon. My car is now charging and the app says it is charging at 7 mph, 244v, 16amps. It says the rated range is 183 miles. This seems strange to me as it is plugged into a NEMA 14-50, 50amp outlet. I know the charge rate slows down as it gets closer to fill charge, but 183 rated
Miles doesn't seem like it's that lose. I have the charge setting on standard, not max. Does the reported info on charging rate and amp draw seem right?

P1117 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not right if you are really at 240+ V

mine shows it correctly (when I'm charging)